Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Quads pushing manual chairs

I refused power too. I guess they're trying to spare our shoulders long-term. They don't understand that we don't want to be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi's Daughter
    how do we brake? i always ran into the problem of working to push really great, but then i go fast and cant stop. so now i dont really work on pushing...didnt really realize it til now.

and how do we keep our hands clean? and what do we do when it rains and the rims are slippery? hmmm...wo pts really shoulda helped me with this instead of concentrating on their disappointed looks when i refused power.

THANK YOU YOU GUYS FOR VALIDATING MY DECISION!!!!! (Sorry im yelling but im listening to rock music on jbenny's myspace and so im pumped, lol.) the pts made me feel like a freak for choosing manual, and then quickie push power.
    99 % of pts are idiots
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I refused power too. I guess they're trying to spare our shoulders long-term. They don't understand that we don't want to be weak.
    i know this wont go over well but bottom line someone in a pc looks so much more crippled than someone pushing a manual. just my opinion
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    i know this wont go over well but bottom line someone in a pc looks so much more crippled than someone pushing a manual. just my opinion
    x2, and I've used both... but this is an opinion based solely on appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi's Daughter
    how do we brake? i always ran into the problem of working to push really great, but then i go fast and cant stop. so now i dont really work on pushing...didnt really realize it til now.

and how do we keep our hands clean? and what do we do when it rains and the rims are slippery? hmmm...wo pts really shoulda helped me with this instead of concentrating on their disappointed looks when i refused power.

THANK YOU YOU GUYS FOR VALIDATING MY DECISION!!!!! (Sorry im yelling but im listening to rock music on jbenny's myspace and so im pumped, lol.) the pts made me feel like a freak for choosing manual, and then quickie push power.
    walls and dogs

seriously though, braking has kinda come with time in my chair, and its amazing how fast you can stop yourself when you're about to take a ride down a flight of stairs.
    hand sanitizer and individual hand wipes, if not those, i'll make a mess w/ soap and water

i love that standalone player
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

I don't even fit in most places while i'm in my p/c. I goy my chair in mid 04... It has 13mi on it.

Yes, i'm slow on hills, but how else do you get girls numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    x3 ... plus I feel a lot better at the end of the day knowing I actually did the work
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

What kind of manual chairs do you guy use?

I have a Top End crossfire w/ergo seating. it's extremely easy to push
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21
    What kind of manual chairs do you guy use?
    seemingly the best chair in the world...IMO..

ZRA
    C5-6 - 22 years