Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Quads pushing manual chairs

Not to mention any names but what is the functional level of somebody with some wrist extension, biceps and triceps, that claims he just discovered a break at C1? I'm real impressed with Shaun's recovery! How many new C7's does it take to screw in a lightbulb? (5. 3 to sit on each other's shoulders, the one on top to hold the lightbulb, and a driver that pushes them in circles!)

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    THAT"S IT !!!! Ya laZy so-and-so!!
    I hereby bust ya from being Me First Mate,
    out to the yardarms with ya, start tugging the ropes with the rest of the ne'er do-wells!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Already things are coming unglued! Damn you Chick,damn you Paton.....damn you both to hell!

Well,maybe not hell....maybe just a shitty BBQ!

Thanks guys,cause i like seriously didnt know...

Oh n/m, Christopher answered my question. Except he named names, because he's not a good person, he's a rabble-rouser and a muckraker and insensitive to the special needs of delicate flowers from former Communist countries.

Unlike, say...me.

I wanna cast a vote for what chick said, about not limiting yourself in any way by the desire to use a manual chair. They're mobility aids, so choose whichever makes you most mobile in the long and short term both. Man, I want a power chair so bad! I hate times I have to stay home from something fun because I have nobody at that moment to push me...I really think the ideal is to own both.

Godammit I'm addicted to this site again! No worries Shaun, I only found out I was a c7 a few months back. I guess we all like to embellish our injury to suit our needs. *cough*Fuente, adi *cough*

I'm with Chick, if a manual chair impedes your lifestyle, by all means, go electric. I use both because with no car, an electric is essential to navigate winter here. I've been slacking off a bit the last couple of months, but once my elbow clears I gotta get back out in my manual. It all depends if I'm smoking or not. I still get to the gym 2 or 3 times week if I'm in my electric. But my social life trumps all. Which... makes it so effing hard to quit smoking!

Curby, start by going to the gym, then ease slowly into your manual chair, just go around the block, set attainable goals and get there at your own pace. If you want it enough, you'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    . Man, I want a power chair so bad! I hate times I have to stay home from something fun because I have nobody at that moment to push me...I really think the ideal is to own both.
    Im getting a power chair.Yep thats right Joanie,i said it!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR

I'm also happy to hear that Shaun is on pace to be a T8 by the end of the week.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Are you really, Shaun? I tell ya, I've missed some fishing holes and some rock concerts b/c of this darned chair, and I've had enough of it. I will NOT miss my bluegrass festival because of it again!

Of course, I may miss it b/c pretty much every member of my birth family is having chemo. If I could fix that with a power chair, I'd buy 3!

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Are you really, Shaun? I tell ya, I've missed some fishing holes and some rock concerts b/c of this darned chair, and I've had enough of it. I will NOT miss my bluegrass festival because of it again!

Of course, I may miss it b/c pretty much every member of my birth family is having chemo. If I could fix that with a power chair, I'd buy 3!
    My mom and sister are named Joan. We call my sister Joanie. We call my mom, Mom.

Sorry about all that chemo. Keep an eye out for the "C" word yourself. I think I have macular degeneration to look forward. It runs in my family. The anguish of aging... and the joy of being named Joanie.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Im getting a power chair.Yep thats right Joanie,i said it!
    your dead to me shauna.

so what exactly am i . functioning at 5-6 or what. talk to me goose.

after thinking about it. being tied to that coffin for 6 years, coming out will be tough. first thing i would do is shoot the pt that put u in it curby
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    I rarely watch French TV but I've heard about that show. Shaun, you'd be a functional c6. I'm classified as c6 but I'm a functional c7. Just like adi!
    wheres your recliner , diapers and narcotics
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer