Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Quads pushing manual chairs

Yes dear fuentejps, I would never go back to on-tire brakes.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

how are they. are they affected tossing the chair in and out of the car roughly.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI
    One thing I like about it is the 3/4" tubing instead of the regular 1", makes it a little more subtle I guess. I went to Florida at Top End to get it done, nice trip and good tight measurments.
    Is the whole chair 3/4" tubing? My first Top End was, but my second (the one I have now) is only 3/4" tubing up front. 1" on the rest. I'd love to go back to all 3/4" if I can get that custom. Top End makes some great chairs--I wish they were still an independent company.

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI
    I will be happy to give your more info if what is provided is not enough. One thing I like about it is the 3/4" tubing instead of the regular 1", makes it a little more subtle I guess.

À bientôt!
    Well, if it'll make you happy...

merci!

I think all of you quads in manual chairs are pussies. I'm a C6 quad and I don't use a chair at all anymore. I just use a walker and brace myself on my arms. You limit yourself by thinking you need a chair at all. If you weren't such slackasses you could get out of your chairs all together. Yea, it was hard ar first but all that hard work has paid off. I know that I look WAY less disabled than all of you when I'm WALKING in the mall and that's the most important thing. Looking less disabled is important because it allows me to not be associated with people in chairs. People are so surprised when I tell them that I have a spinal cord injury and I'm not in a chair. Yea it may take me longer to do everything and I can only do a few hours every day, but at least not dependent on a wheelchair like the rest of you pussies, especially you fuente.

Quote Originally Posted by redbandit
    I think all of you quads in manual chairs are pussies. I'm a C6 quad and I don't use a chair at all anymore. I just use a walker and brace myself on my arms. You limit yourself by thinking you need a chair at all. If you weren't such slackasses you could get out of your chairs all together. Yea, it was hard ar first but all that hard work has paid off. I know that I look WAY less disabled than all of you when I'm WALKING in the mall and that's the most important thing. Looking less disabled is important because it allows me to not be associated with people in chairs. People are so surprised when I tell them that I have a spinal cord injury and I'm not in a chair. Yea it may take me longer to do everything and I can only do a few hours every day, but at least not dependent on a wheelchair like the rest of you pussies, especially you fuente.
    lol, you made me laugh asshole.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

a little late with this one ya dickfour.
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

haha, look who bites first........

I was obviously being tongue-in-cheek. The idea that someone in a manual chair looks less disabled than one in a power chair is laughable. I've seen your videos fuente and you look pretty disabled, as disabled as somone rolling down a wheelchair ramp. The plumber butt is a nice touch though.
    Last edited by redbandit; 07-11-2007 at 12:44 PM.

haha, look who bites first........

I was obviously being tongue-in-cheek. The idea that someone in a manual chair looks less disabled than one in a power chair is laughable. I've seen your videos fuente and you look pretty disabled, as disabled as somone rolling down a wheelchair ramp. The plumber butt is a nice touch though.
    here we go. ask any ab they will say the same thing. it is what it is.

as for shorts riding low, thats what side guards are for.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

So now you know what the average ab on the street thinks about manual vs p/c? Have you taken a poll? What about people with MS in scooters, CP in power chairs, profoundly retarded in manual chairs, etc. Do you have a hierarchy for most disabled looking for these too? Most ab's have no idea what they're looking at when they see a person in a chair anyway.

Who gives a flying f#$k what looks more or less disabled. The fact is I'm more FUNCTIONAL in my power chair than my manual one and you would be too. CapnGimp and Chick said it best so I won't elaborate.

One day you will need to go to a power chair and need assistance with transferring. Even paras with a lot of assistance from tri's, chest, lat, and core muscles wear out their shoulders over the years. Shoulders aren't designed for primary mobility.