Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Quads pushing manual chairs

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    yea but ill sure pass his ass when his shyte breaks or the batteries run down...
    Yea... but while you pass him like a slow f'in mutha f'in turtle, you blow a tire .... leaving both you and that broken down power chair stuck in the middle of the street like two sorry ass pitiful cripples

Last edited by chick; 06-07-2007 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hapahouli
    Anything to help my independence is great in my book. I use a power toothbrush, and an electric shaver...please don't tease me for not using a manual toothbrush.

I too am trying to overcome odds by trying to push my manual chair even though my route is from the kitchen to my bedroom. I feel damn good about it too when get there faster or with less effort , but when it comes time to adventure out in the "REAL" world I'll be in my power chair.
    A voice of reason. Very well put.

Good post, Danny.

But a power toothbrush?! You're so fucking weak, you're not half the man I am. You will never reach you're full potential, you slackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    Good to see you posting, Rusty.
    Thanks Russ; U2. I've got a lot of time invested in "the boards" and although I don't post too much, I guess they are a coping mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames
    Thanks Russ; U2. I've got a lot of time invested in "the boards" and although I don't post too much, I guess they are a coping mechanism.
    We joined around the same time but I have 10 times more posts. And I didn't even come to the board for more than two years. Sometimes it seems like yesterday I was meeting you and other CC folk at the NY Metro Abilities Expo back in '02... time flies.

All i have to say is thank god i live in Florida!! I love the flat land!

I think i would be to dangerous in a powerchair! I would be running over to much crap or jumping it or trying to make it go FASTER!!
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    Yea... but while you pass him like a slow f'in mutha f'in turtle, you blow a tire .... leaving both you and that broken down power chair stuck in the middle of the street like two sorry ass pitiful cripples

Ya but i'll push by both because I have airless tires!!!
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    LOL..

Myself,ive got armrests on my chair..so im really only half a man,quarter maybe..
    Just wondering, what's wrong with armrests? Without them, I would probably fall over, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    i thought i recognized jb's ignorance elsewhere! you're the little twat in the pro-choice thread awhile back saying you have the right to tell women what to do with their uterus. I can only imagine how cool you feel to be talking back to members that know a lot more about life and people than you do and presumably ever will. Keep it up the ignorance is entertaining.
    you wanna debate abortion, i'm all for it... just not here, start another thread under polotics.
    i understand exactly where the p/c guys are coming from... hell, i still use mine when i'm helping w/ yard work or 'walking' my dog. but i'm doing everything i can so i don't have to rely on power.
    i see it like this... after a full day in my manual chair, going to therapy, handbike, and uppertone i'm beat. i mean completely shot, but i love the feeling simply because i know i'm gonna be a little bit stronger because of it. not everyone will see it the same way, and its understandable.
    it is just like being ab... i ran 5 miles a day on top of lifting simply because it kept me in shape and i felt better at the end of the day. not every other ab did that... some physically couldn't, some did more/less, and some flat didn't care.
    that is just how i see it
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Quote Originally Posted by mimin
    Just wondering, what's wrong with armrests? Without them, I would probably fall over, no?
    at your injury level with the current chair setup in your profile pic, yeah you'd probably fall over... nothing wrong w/ them in this case.

however... if/when you get a new chair, I'd strongly suggest one with more dump (i.e. the back of your seat 3-4 inches lower than the front), which will give you significantly more stability.