Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "protrusion" in L4-L5,Herniation of L5-S1...

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    rollin what dr.wise said regarding mri makes sense to me...i wonder if an MRI can be done in a vertical position .to see what really cause the problem regarding pain.
    Adi, yes, there are MRI's that can do a person in a vertical position. However, I am not sure about people in a seated position. http://www.washingtonopenmri.com/stand_up.htm

Wise.

thank you very much dr.wise.i think i must travel again soon to USA to see what really cause my excrutiating neuro pain.here in romania the medical system and the latest technology is down.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Try a new chiropractic machine called a DRX-9000 for disc problems

I haven't tried this, but I recommended it to my Dad who has disk problems. I have many people at my chiropractor's office be helped by it. It was designed by a Dr and uses negative traction to pull disks back into place over time, thus eliminating (I think) the pressure on the nerves casing pain. Try it! I will not damage your back, and probably will help it.
    Better than suregery and doctors who can't give you any solution.
    Melanie

Deskjet,

The advice from other posters is great. And, yep, I have a broad based disc bulge at L4/L5 and issues with the S1 too (stenosis, facets, etc.). For what it is worth I could NEVER figure out why the "sit pain" was so bad other than the nerves or herniation(s) that everyone is speaking of. Anyway, it took about a year to get it figured out. So, I ended up seeing a Urogyn who more or less said it was from nerve damage; lumbar/sacral area. What he wanted me to do first was to get the nerves calmed down. So, I had injections and then an RF by my spinal PM. From there I went into pelvic floor physical therapy. I don't mean to sound gross or anything but the whole pelvic floor was in BAD spasms. To make a long story short between the injections, RF and PT I have to say they all worked a miracle especially the PT. It was amazing after 3 sessions that I could sit straight down without any pain. Now, I didn't have burning while sitting or around any outer areas...just couldn't sit without being in agony. Anyway, I know they can do blocks too; I just never had those done as the PT took care of alot of that pain. So, just a thought because both the PM and the Urogyn told me it was all interrelated. Oh, but I did have the bladder and urethra burning. Of course Premarin cream helps with that. But still...this PT made all the difference in the world; Levator Ani muscles seemed to be the worst. The injections and RF it seems took care of the pain in my legs.

Sorry I just jumped in here too. I was just thinking of the "sit pain" and not necessarily radiculopathy.