Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S~t~r~e~s~s

Ah, I understand. Sometimes and far too often I used to start work at 4 a.m. and come home at 12 a.m. during the winter months. My eyes would be closing and my head would be bobbing while driving on icy northern roads in the middle of nowhere.

They'd call me up and ask if I could head out around the same time the next day when we were short handed. It really felt like torture. I would see things that weren't there and say really dumb things to people. Just like I was dreaming. But I'd still go because I needed the money.

Excellent advice ... that's exactly why I was nervous about posting it.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 05-31-2007 at 09:44 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I understand, Lynnifer. My sister is a dispatcher and the shit seemed to roll downhill in her communication center too. Or I should say, the scapegoating seemed to roll downhill. She and the other dispatchers finally have great managers so the scapegoating has been cut to none.

You seriously need a raise, Lynn. I'll get on it right now for you.

Lyniffer

Not to be chicken little but I think your gut not to post details about work was a good one. Make certain what you wrote would not get you into trouble assuming someone at work read it. Very different situation but I heard on the news where some guy got fired from Wal-Mart because he had a joke posted on his myspace page about Wal-Mart. Extremely poor taste in jokes but nonetheless...

I did just that ... rum & ginger (had no rye lol) ... I watched the complete first season of Lost - I'm now addicted and just started Season 2.

I caught up on all three seasons of House. I love his sarcasm.

Who knew TV was this good? It feels like years since I could follow a series on television!

But now it's back to the ole grindstone. Bah.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    They need to hire more people. It gets crazy busy sometimes. I really can't say more than that.
    Move south. The big scandal here is public service overtime in the county. Our top dispatcher made $130,000. last year. Four others made over $100K.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I do helpdesk/analyst stuff. Phone all day, but the stress is more business driven vs life & death.

You probably dont need tips or refreshers..
    but my basics are always..

One call at a time
    Documentation, documentation, documentation
    Obtain required information
    documentation, documentation, documentation
    Keep the personal shield at maximum

hugs work too!
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Lynnifer , could this not be helping things. what the hecks going on up there?
    oh well

LOL - someone emailed that to me a few weeks ago. So true though! Everyone's moving to Alberta!

bah.. missed a chance to go to Mississauga. no passport...
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org