Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: A Possible Burining Pain Solution for Some

  1. #1

    A Possible Burining Pain Solution for Some

    A Possible Burining Pain Solution for Some..

    Iv associated Anxiety(sp) as being a major contributor to horrific burning sensations. Took me almost 2 years of never ending hell before I stumbled upon a Solution. One night the burning got a point where a Flash Powdered Copper Pill Seemed Like a good Instant Cure All. But to make a long story short, I stumbled upon Adaivan (*sp) (An anti Anxiety Drug) Which Knocked me on my arse for a week or so, yet the burning subsided significantly. Whew!

    An alternate Contributor to a burning sensation could also be caused by Stiffness. Lack of proper Range of motion exercises can cause a burning like sensation.

  2. #2
    Senior Member alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    6,722
    I take Ativan (it's a benzodiazapene, like Valium, but with a much shorter half life.) Does nothing for my pains, but I'm glad it helps yours (if it's the same med you're talking about.)
    Alan

    Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by alan
    I take Ativan (it's a benzodiazapene, like Valium, but with a much shorter half life.) Does nothing for my pains, but I'm glad it helps yours (if it's the same med you're talking about.)
    I took that stuff too, Lorazepam/Ativan...that's when I drove my chair off the cliff.

  4. #4
    Is your anal hole tight and spastic. If so, then you might have internal or external hemmorrhoids. Some feel them and others don't, I think. Anyways, excess gas hurts a lot too.

  5. #5
    I did try Valium before hand, and it did nothing. I believe it is the same meds your refeering to. (1/2 a mg dosage?), so it dosn't take much. Iv stopped taking em a couple of times, and the burning returnes everytime, So yes they work great in my case.

    Hahaha, Yes at first Its like getting Drunk w/o needing to pray to the porcelain god. But your body gets acustom to it within a week.

    Adino: To clearify, The burning Im refering to is: The Rug Burn/ Acid Burn/ Belt Sandr /Melting Skin sensation which envelops the entire Lower trunk to the Tip of Toes type of Burning.

    (2 years ago tonight is the anniversery of this living nightmear.... um.... yay.....)
    Last edited by patricks; 05-29-2007 at 04:54 PM.

  6. #6
    Member harpo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lismore. NSW. Australia.
    Posts
    34

    Blood pressure increase?

    With this neuro pain one size definitely does not fit all but.....
    A few months ago I started a thread where I mentioned that even one ciggy increased my burning pain through the roof. Now off them. Took my blood pressure about 6 weeks ago and was around 130/90, a week or so later started to notice increased burning starting at ankles and eventually entending to outer thighs in areas not previously paining. Searching around for the reason I found that my BP was up to around 180/100. Took valium in last few days and now find the BP is down to around 145/95. Pain is a little less. In my case, it could be the anxiety causing restriction of blood vessels, same as nicotine, resulting in increased pain.
    So, apparently in my case, increased blood pressure = increased pain.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by patricks
    Hahaha, Yes at first Its like getting Drunk w/o needing to pray to the porcelain god. But your body gets acustom to it within a week.
    Hahaha, NOT No kind of buzz...just pain, body stiff all muscles flexed above and below injury felt like Charlie horses... 2 or 3 hours sleep in a 72 hour period was the norm because of it... beyond explanation, for the whole summer...FUBAR

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks
    (2 years ago tonight is the anniversery of this living nightmear.... um.... yay.....)
    Happy anniversary dude, I know it you mean... yay.

  8. #8
    My Bad, Should clearify:
    Valium Has some muscle relaxer in it aswell, But only helped the burning slightly. Adivan Dosn't have muscle relaxer, Strickly an Anti-Anixety med, but Helps stop the burning tremendisly, and has the drunkin like side-effect for a few days.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by patricks
    My Bad, Should clearify:
    Valium Has some muscle relaxer in it aswell, But only helped the burning slightly. Adivan Dosn't have muscle relaxer, Strickly an Anti-Anixety med, but Helps stop the burning tremendisly, and has the drunkin like side-effect for a few days.
    Glad the Ativan works for you, they claimed to me that it would replace the 40 mg Valium a day I was taking. Didn't work for me, like I said. It is like poison to my body. The Valium kind of works for my spasms and yeah, it took a bit to get used to that. I take baclofen for spasms also. Nothing touches the neuropathic pain.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    Glad the Ativan works for you, they claimed to me that it would replace the 40 mg Valium a day I was taking. Didn't work for me, like I said. It is like poison to my body. The Valium kind of works for my spasms and yeah, it took a bit to get used to that. I take baclofen for spasms also. Nothing touches the neuropathic pain.

    Have you tried Nerorotin* or Lryica ?

Similar Threads

  1. Symthesis Pubis Disorder
    By annelouisa in forum Pain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 02:32 PM
  2. Aaarrgghhhh!
    By Max in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 12:57 PM
  3. Escaping from chronic pain
    By antiquity in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2002, 03:30 PM
  4. Pain centers and clinics
    By antiquity in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2002, 09:44 PM
  5. Dr Wise Young
    By mnvikes in forum Pain
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2001, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •