Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spasms, masturbation, and vomiting

Best endorphin-releaser I ever found: skydiving. I guarantee it's better than puking! Of course that's not something you can do every day . . . How long do your spasms leave you alone after the endorphin release?

I agree with KLD about the exercise: Just about any heavy workout should release some endorphins. I lift weights/ handcycle/ swim/ whatever regularly, and it seems to help (but not cure) my spasms.

The title of this topic sounds like a rock video!

Massage and stretching are the therapies that fit your narrow allowable parameters and also seem to generate endorphins. I wish I could afford a full-time massage therapist. It really helps me.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Busk...I take 0.2 mg of Clonidine for spazzes. It's a drug for high blood pressure but it works mahvoluslee on spasms. Start on 0.1mg first...0.2 kinda knocks ya out...especially with a puff or 2. I only take at night but my spazzes are only bad when trying to sleep

Kap

"It's not easy being green"

Hi Buckwheat -
    I'm sorry about your situation. I have a completely out of the box suggestion that worked for a totally unrelated problem.

I'm an AB runner. When training for a marathon I was having regular leg cramps at night. The type where you stretch out your leg and your calf muscles curl up like a cheap window shade.

I was stretching every day, everyone told me I needed more potassium. I ate enough bananas to be considered a primate, but still regular cramps.

Finally spoke with a runner who suggested Tonic Water (not with gin BTW) but for the quinine. I put a bottom on the nightstand and if I felt the pre-cramp tug or the actual cramp I would swig down a couple of gulps. Doesn't matter if it's flat or carbonated.

This has worked great for me. As I mentioned, the problem and cause are completly different, but hey, a bottle is as a few bucks and a couple of swallows isn't going to hurt you.

Take the suggestion for what it's worth. Take my hope and prayers that you find some relief to heart.

Very best!

Kev, I'm glad that severing your cord worked for you, but I don't recomend it to everyone. I am a T-2, eight months post injury. My cord was severed from t-3 through t-6. I still have major spasms from my level of injury down. I suggest putting up with the spasms now rather than diminishing the chance of recovery down the road.

SCUBA diving, Swimming or just being in the water used to take mine away completely... for a day or two.

thanks again for the suggestions, everyone.

Originally posted by buckwheat:

THE BACLOFEN PUMP IS NOT AN OPTION.
    Why not? Just curious

http://filbs.friendpages.com

I want it all, I want the fairytale~Pretty Woman

The FES bike works good for getting rid of mine, If I ride in the Mourning, I am spasm free for the day.

thats crazy i never heard nothing like this

Dude, smoke a little herb, or eat it in some browni mix. it will cure your spasams and you will be feeling so good u wont have to vomit.

J2