Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carry on luggage

carry on luggage

I haven't been on an airplane since before 9-11. I'm going to be flying somewhere soon, and since I will only be gone for one night, I won't have to check luggage. Since everything will be carry on luggage, I'm wondering if I'll have trouble with security. I know to not pack anything sharp, like tweezers or anything, but don't they have a problem with liquid stuff too? What about surgilube? And how about facial cleanser and toner and stuff?

Editted because as I was washing the dishes tonight I realized that I have been on airplanes since 9-11. D'oh! I've been to MN and I've been to FL. Why am I so forgetful?!
    Last edited by Shannon; 05-30-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Hi,

Liquids are limited to 3 oz each and must fit in a 1 quart plastic bag that you have to take out ehen you go through security.

Hope all is well.

Leenie

Duh, I should've just asked you Leenie, the traveling lady!

So I'll have to take my surgilube out in a clear plastic bag when I go through security?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    Since everything will be carry on luggage, I'm wondering if I'll have trouble with security.
    The fastest way to get answers to these questions is Google. The TSA website has all the info you need and it's the latest and greatest. No wondering if how someone traveled last week is the same as what is happening today.

Have fun on your trip. I love flying.

C.

True, but I was hoping to hear from someone mainly about the surgilube. I don't exactly want to take out a supply of surgilube for everyone to see, but oh well. Worse things have happened.

I don't exactly want to take out a supply of surgilube for everyone to see, but oh well. Worse things have happened.
    So don't carry surgilube with you this time, carry AstroGlide. Then, if anyone looks at you sideways, just wink at them!

C.

You will need to check the surgilube at the first stop. This shouldn't be a problem to carry onboard. I'm pretty sure I carried at 4oz tube with me, declared as medical supply. I also declared my flocath quick hydrophilic catheters (the ones with the water packet).
    Daniel

What do you mean by "first stop" Dan? The security stop, right? Because I'll print my boarding pass at home and since I have no bags to check, I'll skip the main check in desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    So don't carry surgilube with you this time, carry AstroGlide. Then, if anyone looks at you sideways, just wink at them!

C.
    Plus the AstroGlide might come in handy a little later...

Plus the AstroGlide might come in handy a little later...
    There ya go!

C.