Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worthy of its own thread. GO Aly, GO Aly!

Worthy of its own thread. GO Aly, GO Aly!

These photos appeared in the members only picture thread. This major accomplishment by one of our most agreeable members deserves another round of our applause.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/attachm...2&d=1178988944

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/attachm...3&d=1178989087

Way to go, Aly!
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Congrats!

That little girl is adorable!!!
    And the truth shall set you free.

...and here I was trying to fly under the radar a bit with this yet let people know I am finally done with school. Job hunting is way harder than the school thing, ugh!
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Congrats Aly!!!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Aly,

I saw something in the picture thread that made me realise that some think you just completed an undergraduate degree. Would you please tell us the new letters after your name and what they represent? What Radford University college of study does that colorful sash represent?

Thanks.
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Foolish I think you may be more excited than myself and my family, j/k, thanks for taking the time.

I believe the apricot color represents social sciences, things such as social work, sociology, psychology and education. The red and blue are Radfords colors, well kind of….Radfords colors are plaid, yes plaid, red, blue, and green. After all we are the Scottish Highlanders, and probably why we felt we had to live up to being one of the top 10 party schools, glad we lost that title.

My community college degree was in human services
    Undergrad, bachelors in social work, BSW
    Grad school, Masters in social work, MSW
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    Foolish I think you may be more excited than myself and my family, j/k, thanks for taking the time.

I believe the apricot color represents social sciences, things such as social work, sociology, psychology and education. The red and blue are Radfords colors, well kind of….Radfords colors are plaid, yes plaid, red, blue, and green. After all we are the Scottish Highlanders, and probably why we felt we had to live up to being one of the top 10 party schools, glad we lost that title.

My community college degree was in human services
    Undergrad, bachelors in social work, BSW
    Grad school, Masters in social work, MSW
    I just believe in noting accomplishment. Too often, we just hurry on to the next challenge without savoring what we've done.
    Foolish

In that case here are a few more pics.

Some family, my Mom and I, and part of the MSW graduating group and faculty. I forgot to wear my Phi Alpha medalion (social work honor society) and my Phi Kappa Phi cords (regular honor society) so I don't look as smart as some of my girls
    www.cawvsports.org

That's quite an accomplishement Aly, congratulations and good luck in your career.

A buddy of mine graduated with a degree I think very similar to yours. He got a job as Disabled Resources Coordinator at the community college we both went to long ago. Sounds like a primo job to me, and I hope you can find something you enjoy
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!