Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toyota Sienna with Braun Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie
    I'm happy with my 2004 Toyota (IMS).
    Can any Toyota owners tell me why my back trunk remote won't work? I know it's something simple but haven't figured it out.
    I'm due for an oil change, I'll ask the dealer but if anyone knows, pray tell?
    Are you unlocking the doors first?
    I am not sure is there a switch on the dash by your left leg that is a on off for the back door.

Stevie P

Ahh, that little switch on the lower left may be the problem.
    Will try and report.
    Gracias!
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by ronk
    Do any of you Toyota owners use 3700 hand controls?

-Ron
    I haven't seen them in the Sienna yet, but those are the hand controls I will be using in my left hand, and steering with my right hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie
    I'm happy with my 2004 Toyota (IMS).
    Can any Toyota owners tell me why my back trunk remote won't work? I know it's something simple but haven't figured it out.
    I'm due for an oil change, I'll ask the dealer but if anyone knows, pray tell?
    If your system and remote is like mine, you have to hold on to the button for a few seconds then it'll open.

Quote Originally Posted by MMcgif
    I haven't seen them in the Sienna yet, but those are the hand controls I will be using in my left hand, and steering with my right hand.
    That's how I drive. There is only 1 dealership here in the Twin Cities area and they've never installed 3700's in a Sienna.

Trying to find anyone with them installed??????????

Sliding Door Track rotting on your IMS (Braun) Van?

I am curious whether anyone else has had a problem with the sliding door track rotting away and requiring replacement. I have a 2004 Sienna van in otherwise good condition. My mobility dealer found that a small part of the front of the track box rusted away, allowing moisture to attack the track. The track rusted and literally crumbled away. The base of the box is stainless steel, but everything else is susceptible to rust. The cost of buying the track from Braun is about $375. The cost of removing the old track and welding in the replacement , and fabricating something to repair the rusted out portion of the box is goign to be VERY expensive.

Any similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by earl k View Post
    I am curious whether anyone else has had a problem with the sliding door track rotting away and requiring replacement. I have a 2004 Sienna van in otherwise good condition. My mobility dealer found that a small part of the front of the track box rusted away, allowing moisture to attack the track. The track rusted and literally crumbled away. The base of the box is stainless steel, but everything else is susceptible to rust. The cost of buying the track from Braun is about $375. The cost of removing the old track and welding in the replacement , and fabricating something to repair the rusted out portion of the box is goign to be VERY expensive.

Any similar experience?
    Wow I was having a problem with my van door and have been for the last year and a month ago I traded it in and got a 2011 and the door is totally redesigned from the way that the track is made to the way that it triggers the ramp to go up and down. It is so fast. I will see this winter how it holds up in the snow. On my 2004 the snow would stick on the ramp and then melt in the warm van running down into the track and freezing solid in the track and not allowing the door to open. I have this three foot flat head screwdriver that my dad used to use to rip off roof shingles or he would keep it in his gun rack on his back window in his pickup truck, like a baseball bat. I would use that to chip the ice away really gentally so I could open the side door, what a pain. So I will see this year if the new design makes it any better

Stevie P