Thread: Drum roll please ....new Co-Sponsor

Drum roll please ....new Co-Sponsor

I just got back from Ohio State University. It was a great visit with the researchers! There are remarkable things happening there! To add icing to the cake, I walked in the door and received a call from my representative, Pat Tiberi's office to say that he is signing on as a CO-SPONSOR for the CDRPA!!!!

I'm so excited!

Three cheers!
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Yay! New cosponsors keep rolling in. 22 senate cosponsors already!!

Thanks IMHopeful,

Ohio rocks
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Thanks everybody! I'm so pleased that he has decided to support this. Tiberi is a republican, and I can only hope that others from his side of the aisle will also lend their support. I'm still waiting to hear back from Sen. Voinovich's office. If I can get some good news from his office, the team from Ohio, will be unstoppable.

My correspondence with my representative's office, was entirely through emails and phone calls. You don't necessarily need to be mobile to get the message out there. There are information packets available through the foundation that can be delivered to your reps and you can review it with them by phone. If interested, email Rachel Hammerman at RHAMMERMAN@WHDGA.COM and she can help you out.

For anyone in Ohio that would like to contact their representative, please let me know. I have put together a packet of info that relates to Ohio and what the foundation has done within the state. I would be happy to share it with you.
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Great Job!
    Paralyze resistance with persistence.
    T-12

Way to go Donna!

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Thanks! I was so happy to hear he would be a co sponsor. He never did in the past. I believe that what Chuck said about 'politics being local', is what moved my rep to sponsor it. I connected the foundation to research that is going on in the state due to support from the CDRF. In addition, I informed him of the Quality of Life Grants that the foundation has so generously funded in the state.

Anyone that has a NeuroRecovery Network facility in their state, should do a little research on that, and let their legislators know the importance of that work in their state. And then of course, did they possibly earn a degree from that university? There are talking points, you just have to do a little research.

I'm STILL waiting on Sen. Voinovich's reply.
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Quote Originally Posted by IMHopeful
    I believe that what Chuck said about 'politics being local', is what moved my rep to sponsor it. I connected the foundation to research that is going on in the state due to support from the CDRF. In addition, I informed him of the Quality of Life Grants that the foundation has so generously funded in the state.

Anyone that has a NeuroRecovery Network facility in their state, should do a little research on that, and let their legislators know the importance of that work in their state. And then of course, did they possibly earn a degree from that university? There are talking points, you just have to do a little research.
    Way to work it, girl!!