Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quads who drives cars...what do you do with your feet?

Quads who drives cars...what do you do with your feet?

Im interested on hearing where you put your feet when you drive. I have to cross mine indian style to keep them out of the petals and to keep them in place if I spasm. Its beginning to take a toll on the sides of my feet. Im looking for something different to do with them.

thanks,

Ben
    C5-6 - 22 years

My legs are straight out, normal position, but next to the pedals. 7yrs, no problems w/spasms.

If you want to put your legs straight but are afraid of spasms, you could use that. I do and really like it (can be in removed in seconds, quickrelease)

http://www.mobilityproductsdesign.co...00/ABGuard.jpg

The web page with products:

http://www.mobilityproductsdesign.com/products.asp#
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI
    If you want to put your legs straight but are afraid of spasms, you could use that. I do and really like it (can be in removed in seconds, quickrelease)

http://www.mobilityproductsdesign.co...00/ABGuard.jpg

The web page with products:

http://www.mobilityproductsdesign.com/products.asp#
    yeah i saw that too but my car is too small for it too fit in...
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell
    My legs are straight out, normal position, but next to the pedals. 7yrs, no problems w/spasms.
    same here... my legs will spasm occasionally but i just reposition them.

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    Im interested on hearing where you put your feet when you drive. I have to cross mine indian style to keep them out of the petals and to keep them in place if I spasm. Its beginning to take a toll on the sides of my feet.
    I'm not a quad, but I cross my feet at the ankles when I'm driving for the same reasons you do and I've never had a problem with them. How many hours are you driving and exactly what is happening to the sides of your feet? Maybe the problem is more the type of shoes you are wearing.

C.

Not quad but still have uncontrolled reflexes occasionally, no trouble driving. Left is mostly straight out next to and behind brake pedal, Right slightly bent on floor in front of brake. It would be straight out also but there's no room next to the gas, so its bent. When seated in a car seat there doesnt seem to be much of a trigger to create spasms for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I'm not a quad, but I cross my feet at the ankles when I'm driving for the same reasons you do and I've never had a problem with them. How many hours are you driving and exactly what is happening to the sides of your feet? Maybe the problem is more the type of shoes you are wearing.

C.
    I have a 4 hour commute (2 hrs each way) to work and i wear hiking boots...
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    I have a 4 hour commute (2 hrs each way) to work and i wear hiking boots...
    Ah! Now that helps explain it. Could you wait to put on your hiking boots until you get to work? Just wear thick socks or even a soft pair of driving shoes while you're in the car?

C.

put

a dense, soft pad under your feet. IMO The heat from the floor boards and the pressure of being in one place is the problem. When I was putting in a lot of miles I got a pressure sore on my ankle the same way.