Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improving your health through nutrition

Who knows their last post three years ago may have been negated, struck down, belittled, nit picked and questioned to death by other members and all the “experts” on here.

Hey if changing one's diet has helped give them some relief or improvement why not share it. NO ONE here has a magic bullet or cure so whats the harm in it. To many people want absolute proof and statistics but nothing is for certain except death and taxes. If someone told me that burying a dead crow upside down in my back yard under a full moon would cure my injury I just might try it even without proof it works.

Thirty years ago my Doctors told me exercise, standing, simulated walking and many other therapies were a waste of time but I did them anyway. There answer was where is the proof, there is no proof any of this will help you. Now they are all on the cure band wagon buying up equipment and charging us big bucks for the same therapy.
    ^^(A)^^

it is spam, but I must say, I am very affected by poor nutrition. It is very hard to eat well, and I doubt im alone in this.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    it is spam, but I must say, I am very affected by poor nutrition. It is very hard to eat well, and I doubt im alone in this.
    Why is it hard for you to eat well? What are some of the reasons for your poor nutrition, eg. what choices do you make when buying and making food?

I have a small income. there is very little left after bills. im not eligible for food stamps. I have a poor apatite. Im currently discovering that rickets is very painful.
    although we cant accept the spam, I think nutrition is something that could be addressed more in the care forum.

The Nurses here know what is going on ;
    From the look's of it first post of this tread is worded as a sales pitch which =spam

Blog Entries
    I didn’t read the links but the OP is dead on about the damage of Candida. Aside from accident and injury, the three most defining medical events of my life are repeated antibiotics at age 10, swine flu vaccine at age 12, and an oral antifungal at age 35. A tetanus vaccine at 30 may also have hurt me. If a number of the symptoms or problems for you, you might really find it worth looking into. William Crook is one source. It might be Crooke.

Steroid use is another cause.

Good Morning
    No one is know it all's ok or Expert 100% ? and there is experts all over the internet

I respect SCI-Nurses reasonings / ideals

Has anyone thought of sending helpful advice to those financially strapped like myself and my friend's here who live on a shoestring budget ? but sales pitches are not a go go

We do what we can with what we got

I wasnt born with a golden or silver spoon in my mouth
    Last edited by GL; 02-13-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I have a small income. there is very little left after bills. im not eligible for food stamps. I have a poor apatite. Im currently discovering that rickets is very painful.
    although we cant accept the spam, I think nutrition is something that could be addressed more in the care forum.
    Get into the sunshine whenever you can. Eggs and vitamin D fortified milk should help, unless you have an absorption problem causing rickets.

Have you tried food banks? Take proof of your income, all expenses, including medical, and go. If you are told you are ineligible for any reason, ask if it's possible to exchange your volunteer work at the food bank for food.

If there are community gardens, take part. Many community gardens offer raised beds for seniors and/or individuals with disabilities.

Any chance you can exchange your tie dye with a farmer or gardener for food?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Get into the sunshine whenever you can. Eggs and vitamin D fortified milk should help, unless you have an absorption problem causing rickets.

Have you tried food banks? Take proof of your income, all expenses, including medical, and go. If you are told you are ineligible for any reason, ask if it's possible to exchange your volunteer work at the food bank for food.

If there are community gardens, take part. Many community gardens offer raised beds for seniors and/or individuals with disabilities.

Any chance you can exchange your tie dye with a farmer or gardener for food?

I just want to voice how impressed and moved I am with your thoughtful and helpful response..LaMem....if I ever found myself in that position I would hope I would be fortunate to have this type of wisdom to help me.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Blog Entries
    I heartily second sherocks’ wonderfully put sentiment. MEM, your coming through with such wisdom takes the edge off my despair at having none to offer Jody myself.