Thread: Friends and Relatives of Paralyzed Choctaw Sponsoring Fundraiser /olkahoma city

Friends and Relatives of Paralyzed Choctaw Sponsoring Fundraiser /olkahoma city

Friends and Relatives of Paralyzed Choctaw Sponsoring Fundraiser

5/16/2007

At 12:37AM on Friday, November 4, 2005, Christopher Chlouber was involved in a serious accident that changed his life. Christopher, a member of the Choctaw Tribe, suffered a severe spinal cord injury at the tender age of 21. He is paralyzed from the chest down. The fine medical team at the Oklahoma Medical Center saved Christopher’s life. After a lengthy hospital stay and rehab he is seeking greater independence with his new limitations.

On June 7, 2007, his family and friends are hosting “ROAD TO INDEPENDENCE,” with the goal of realizing enough funding to purchase a van and have it modified by the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitative Services. Christopher will attend the University of Central Oklahoma’s training for drivers with disabilities. Although he currently is taking college courses on line he desires a more normal life which includes transporting himself to and from college classes, support groups, visits with his young son, and assisting others who are struggling to regain their independence.

The event which is being held at the Homebuilder’s Association Event Center’s Regal Room (625 NW Grand Blvd, OKC) is in partnership with the Spinal Cord Injury Association (SCIA) a 501 (c) (3) organization. Tax deductible cash donations as well as donations of live and or silent auction items are gladly accepted.

If you are interested in helping please contact the RTI Events Committee, 7404 N.W. 116th Place Oklahoma City, OK 73162; or contact Leigh Ann @ 405-721-3180 or Linda @ 405-308-8877.

If you would like more information about Christopher please visit ChristopherOKC.com

Max, you truly are missed. I didn't get the chance to know you that well and have regrets, a hard lesson learned. I was googling for some info and came across this and was touched. How you got this info for a person so far away I have no idea, but am amazed at how well you did this and for so many.

Rest in peace...
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace