Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cure 101/ Lobby Info

This is a good idea to put all the major sci and cure issues in a nutshell in one sticky thread. Otherwise it is very easy to loose sight of the "big Picture" due to the complexities of the individual issues. Good work, Wise.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Wilburn
    dr young, i have not seen, and that doesnt mean i did not miss it, a response from you on the ricci kilgore video where she stated she had recieved treatments by the medra group. i would like your comments on this, please. also, what is the risks in having the treatments offered by medra? i mean if there is nothing to loose? other than $ why should one not try it?...... i continue to look for a way to get better while trying to be skeptical of offers in which medra seemed to be one of those and then comes the ricci kilgore tape on utube. so any input you have would be appreciated. thanks.
    Rather than answering your Ricci Kilgore question (which I should not because an anecdotal case is not meaningful), let me answer the generic question, what do you have to lose? I put it in a separate topic: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=82828

Wise.

thanks for your response dr young. it is very hard to continue to wait when your living with an sci. i hope to make the best decision i can and you do help lots with all your post and info. please continue and thank you for your hard work.

I got an email from barbera today from Stepnow asking us to email the president about his coming veto on the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act. It gave us 3 options on what to say. The 3rd one was the only good one. Write your own.

The first two had no teeth. The president knows their is a large communty out there that could be help with this Act. So I emailed him a letter like this one.

Mr. President Bush. I'm a registerd voting republican and I would like you to pass the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act. Until you do I will not vote for any republican that dose not support it. You forced me to vote for the democrates that do support it. And I belong to a large community that feels the same way.

Can anybody else think of a better way of telling these Yahoos. I'm tired of them supporting the religious right idiots.
    Last edited by TheRainman; 06-02-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Dr. Wise

Are you as surprised as I am that there was no replies to my last post. You would of thought you would of seen a few saying they have sent emails or letters using their vote as leverage.

I have seen others asking the communty to send letters with recommendation on what to say. And they all have no teeth to them.

This is a great communty for CARE but not for CURE. Everybody wants to act like sheeps. We need to act like lions.

These politicians care about one think. Staying in office. If Bushes advisers told him that it would cost him reelection two years ago if he vetod the stem cell act the first time he would of passed on it.

Dr.wise, I don't know how many members you have here. But if you want to get the sheeps to help pass the initiatives we need passed so we can walk again you need to direct them in the right direction.

And I'm just saying you need to come right out and tell them they can't vote for anyone that doesn't support our cause. Really how weak can some of these people be by voting for Bush, and you know who you are.

Why do you people think sharpten, jackson and falwell to name a few have so much power. They carry votes. Well this communty carries votes too. But you got to stand up(well you know what I meant).

Dr. Wise, you said in a prior post that we should send letters and emails. And I agree with you. I'm guessing that theirs 10,000 members here. If we sent 10,000 emails to these presidential candidates that don't support us and tell them that they are not getting our vote and the other guy is because he supports stem cell research. Thats like 20,00 votes to him. That will wake them up.

I know a lot of members are not going to like what I wrote, but it's the truth. You can keep complaining that they don't pass this and that. But they really don't care about us. They care about their jobs.

The Rainman,
    First I am sorry I did not respond to your post earlier but I did not have time to use my computer till now. I can not write the same letter that you did because I am not a registered repubican and do not vote the majority of the time for republicans (call me a "loon" DA ). I did not vote for W either. I have emailed my rep. and my senators. I have signed petitons and sent the websites to family and friends. I have told two of my reps. that they should co sponsor CDRPA because their republican counter part is. I do not know what else to do. I have given up on the whole political process in the USA.

Momo3

You are exactly what this community needs. As far as not being a republican, don't tell them. I've been voting democratic for the last six years.

And thank you for supporting us. We just need more LIONS.

The letter writing thing...

My letter was sent to the president a while ago, I recently let the repu. cand. know how I stand by sending them a copy.
    Here is some contact information:

Willard Mitt Romney
    info@mittromney.com
    Senator John Sidney McCain III
    http://www.johnmccain.com/Contact/
    Rudolph W. Giuliani
    webteam@joinrudy2008.com
    Fred Thompson
    http://www.imwithfred.com/contact.aspx
    Senator Samuel D. 'Sam' Brownback
    http://www.brownback.com/s/Contact/t...8/Default.aspx
    James S. 'Jim' Gilmore
    info@gilmoreforpresident.com <info@gilmoreforpresident.com>
    Representative Ron Paul, M.D.
    mail@ronpaul2008.com <mail@ronpaul2008.com>

I have not looked up dem.s yet. If I did this right, my letter is attached as a pdf.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman
    Dr. Wise

Are you as surprised as I am that there was no replies to my last post. You would of thought you would of seen a few saying they have sent emails or letters using their vote as leverage.

I have seen others asking the communty to send letters with recommendation on what to say. And they all have no teeth to them.

This is a great communty for CARE but not for CURE. Everybody wants to act like sheeps. We need to act like lions.

These politicians care about one think. Staying in office. If Bushes advisers told him that it would cost him reelection two years ago if he vetod the stem cell act the first time he would of passed on it.

Dr.wise, I don't know how many members you have here. But if you want to get the sheeps to help pass the initiatives we need passed so we can walk again you need to direct them in the right direction.

And I'm just saying you need to come right out and tell them they can't vote for anyone that doesn't support our cause. Really how weak can some of these people be by voting for Bush, and you know who you are.

Why do you people think sharpten, jackson and falwell to name a few have so much power. They carry votes. Well this communty carries votes too. But you got to stand up(well you know what I meant).

Dr. Wise, you said in a prior post that we should send letters and emails. And I agree with you. I'm guessing that theirs 10,000 members here. If we sent 10,000 emails to these presidential candidates that don't support us and tell them that they are not getting our vote and the other guy is because he supports stem cell research. Thats like 20,00 votes to him. That will wake them up.

I know a lot of members are not going to like what I wrote, but it's the truth. You can keep complaining that they don't pass this and that. But they really don't care about us. They care about their jobs.
    Rainman,

In addition to wanting to stay in office, a lot of politicians care about their country and the people that they represent. You can appeal to their better side by telling them the a vast majority of scientists believe that spinal cord injury is curable, that it is a matter of time rather than a matter of if the spinal cord can be cured, and it would save not only $10 billion a year but incalculable suffering.

Wise.

Wise

I see your point. I'll revise my letter. It's a good point. I'll try anything that makes sense.

Chas