Thread: Wheelchair Sticker Showing You Have Ramp/Lift?

Wheelchair Sticker Showing You Have Ramp/Lift?

I have seen stickers on some vehicles where it says please leave enough room so I can deploy my ramp/lift. Not saying all people are going to read it, but am considering one for the truck. It is happening far too often and it might help. I've looked online, but not seeing what I am looking for. Anyone have any suggestions or have one on their van/truck I could see?

Yesterday I went out for Chinese yesterday and parked in a HC Spot, but when I came out someone was parked right next to me. This restaurant is also at fault for not having any hash marks so we had to go in and find the eldery lady that parked there and have her move so I could leave. She had no problems moving and they were just facinated by the lift and then she had to know my whole life story on what happened. I gave her the cliff notes version. Then her elderly friend comes out and she explains what happened and shows her my lift and goes oh yeah, they make those lifts for cripples. What are those people called again?? Ummm - yeah, thanks lady. I must leave now.

So I would like a somewhat small sticker, but readabe for the back window to maybe prevent more of this in the future. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi
    So I would like a somewhat small sticker, but readabe for the back window to maybe prevent more of this in the future. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?
    You could get one made at a graphics shop for less than 20 bucks if you don't find exactly what you're looking for elsewhere, but I found a few options:

Handicap Bumper Stickers

UK Parking Sticker

Magnetic Sign

Custom Decals

eBay Auction

Another eBay Auction

And Still One More eBay Auction

I just love eBay.

C.

Great idea, but you already know the outcome. I have seen some vans with this one that TR showed, but it's too much on the side window. I'm trying to stay camoflouged as not a HC vehicle. We're damned if we do.....

Did I mention that they'll ignore anyway? Think at a crowded restaurant, or really anywhere, someone will actually back up and park within the lines? I know, I know.. think positive. If you put one on your back window, no one will ever see it. It would need to go on your driver side glass.

At a few smaller restaurants I frequent, they don't have a van access. spot so I opt for the curb on the side or near the ''smelly cat'' dumpster on the side. I'm almost guaranteed to not be blocked as I feel your frustrations all too often. This pic. was last Summer.. tight enuff? It was not a HC spot, but I parked perpendicular to a row and only left 8' or so. The passenger side of the BMW was almost touching the row... idiot.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Kristi,

You might ask the folks who did your truck. My sticker on my van came from the local DME. 'Course, it gives them free advertising.

But Jeff is right, on your back window won't do any good, nobody'll see it. but may block some visibility on your driver side window.

That magnetic sign that TR posted might do the trick, kind of a pain to put up/down, but would definitely stand out.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

My sticker was on my van whe I got it.Maybe download one on to sticker paper.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Thanks for the suggestions. When I mean back window - I mean the window on the door behind my seat. The little back door that opens when my truck doors open. Suicide door or whatever they are called. I don't want to advertise that it's a HC vehicle, but I also don't want people parking too damn close either. After washing the truck after the winter was over I saw someone hit my door on the driver's side. Very rarely do I park when someone would be able to hit my door, but would like to prevent it as much as possible in the future.

I can't park on curbs or sidewalk cutouts - some I could, but my lift wouldn't clear most I don't think.

Jeffers - is that picture of your van? Did you hit that car with your ramp?

McDuff - I'll email Ryno and ask if they have anything - if not TR provided plenty of links for me to choose from.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    I parked perpendicular to a row and only left 8' or so. The passenger side of the BMW was almost touching the row... idiot.
    What is it with BMW and Mercedes drivers!?

My (albeit limited) observations is they are the worst. Not so much at parking in H/C spots, but parking in there own, made up spots.

And why can't they signal!? I know for a fact that the vehicles have turn signals...

Quote Originally Posted by K
    Jeffers - is that picture of your van? Did you hit that car with your ramp?
    Yeap, my van. We went to a keg party and had to park in a church parking lot. Knowing it was going to get crowded I parked in a way I thought would keep me from being blocked. I just opened the door and let the ramp ease a bit and stopped it to take the pic. I'm not responsible for what happened to the Yuppies vehicle when my head was turned tho'. I carry a 4' suitcase ramp in the back and entered my van from the driver's slide door.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip
    What is it with BMW and Mercedes drivers!?
    That's the million $$ question. I actually rolled into WalleyWorld a few months ago and witnessed a nice shiny, black Mercedes getting a ticket for not having any kind of HC markings. By the time I parked the cop was done and I missed my photo op. Shucks!!!

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia