Thread: Broken chair

Unhappy Broken chair

What a day! I went and took my driving test today(and passed), on the way home we stop by a van dealership to look around. Before I even got out of the van my back breaks off my chair. The left pole snapped in two, so it on halfway at least and im yet to kiss the concrete with the back of my head. I call my wheelchair company and guess what they say, "sorry, but we cant get a chair for you until tommorow around noon". I went fucking insane and they hung up on me. I called the owner and he begins to tell me how they are extremely busy and are yet to order the parts so im gonna have to sit in a loaner chair for 2-3 weeks, so i go insane again. These loaner chairs are hospital recliners w/3foot backs. Anyways, he goes on to tell me that im going about this the wrong way. He literally told me, "chris, there are other things going on. I have thousands of clients, and I get get close to 10 repair calls a day so you have to understand that im limited on what I can do for you". I ordered new poles 3 months ago, I ordered the flip down handle bar canes a month ago, so I ask him where are they because thats all I need to fix it. "well, we cancelled the order on the poles because you ordered the flip down canes and the canes havent been ordered because we are in the middle of seeing wether or not they can fabricate the length you need". So no poles, no canes, and a big fat hospital chair because of these idiots. Im alittle upset, needed to vent. thanks.

WOW, what a sad excuse for a business. I would have lost my mind with that guy same as you, then had a good cry. You need a decent back up chair. Try EBAY. poor thing, hang in there.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

After getting repaired, try another company.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

THAT SUCKS.I feel bad for ya.Try elsewhere.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Get a backup chair. Always have a backup plan.

That sucks. I am dealing with an issue right now about someone not ordering parts they said they did... blah blah. Hope you get it fixed soon. When I win the lottery I'll buy us both a backup chair. (: Well first I guess I better start buying tickets.

Have a better day.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Blog Entries
    wouldn't waste my time with them, go get someone to weld it for you, properly done, it will be better than new and won't cost a fortune. Just have to be out of it until they remove the bar, fix it and replace, can't see it taking over an hour.
    if you were my neighbor.....
    and I have 2 good and 1 passable spare pwr chirs. 2 w/tilt
    always have a cheap cost backup, hit ebay

what kind of chair/seatback u in?
    can you put a smaller diameter rod/tubing inside it to hold while ya wait?
    got a picture?

They came and got it this morning. I miss it already. Im in a quickie w/footrest that stick out a mile in front of me and I cant get under anything. Sorry, no pics. Its a kuschall airlite with a matrix back. Heres a pic before it busted, the pipe coming out of the frame that holds the matrix bracket is what snapped.http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=79394
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Blog Entries
    I'd TRASH that back and have a normal one put on. That was either WRONG or a poor design. Either way I would not return to it.
    You might be suprised JUST how comfortable a regular back is when the entire chair is set up PROPERLY.
    I know I was. My back and basically my entire ribcage n upper body was crushed. not much that wasn't broken, you can SEE it plain as day
    I get most of my pain because of it. I tried all sorts of stuff for years, nothing worked.
    My new chair solved it. I still have pain but I am COMFORTABLE in that chair.
    That crap he stuck on your chair completely defeats the pupose of getting an ultralite in the first place.
    With the leverage the back gives on thhe frame supports, it will happen again.

Grrrr!!! This REALLY REALLY SUCKS! They totally dropped the ball on the parts that you ordered, your chair shouldn't have broken, I wouldn't trust THAT DME to repair it properly, are they sending it back to Kuschall(I HOPE)? They should have a demo chair of some other kind(even get a Kuschall Demo) while you are waiting for your repair...If you write to Kuschall through their website and explain the situation, they'll probably set up to bring a demo chair to your dealer for you to use while yours is being repaired. I had really good luck getting a demo through the regional rep by e-mailing on the kuschall website. I'm sure they'd be willing to make a customer happy while their chair is being repaired....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......