Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: shox solid tires

Smile Going to try Shox

Josh -
    It is great to hear that the Shox are working out well for you. I love the performance of my 110psi Primo Racers, and it sounds great if I can match it with solid tires.

I am going to give them a try. I will be traveling this summer, and I would love to have maintenance-free tires while I am on the road.

Do you notice a big difference when hopping up or down curbs? I find it pretty jarring going down curbs even with pneumatics.

Thanks,
    Steve

Sportaid said they only carry the 90 psi version. Where is everyone getting the 110 psi Shox?

i got mine from sportaid. they seem to be as good as my primo 100 psi tires. i actually love my shox tires. popping curbs and jumping curbs dont seem to be any different than tube tires. i have had these for about 2 weeks now with no problems whatsoever.
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Josh,

Are they the 90 or 110 psi version?

I am interested as well...
    What would the model numbers for the Shox tires be for the different PSI versions? I would really like to have that at hand when calling around to find a set to try.
    nikki
    T6 complete since Oct, 2001
    TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

i dont really know. i called sportaid and ordered that black ones that fit my glance rims. 25X1. they seem just as hard as my primos.
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

SHOX Tires

I ordered a set from Sportaid on Monday, got them today, and my dad is going to install them tomorrow. I'll post my likes/dislikes tomorrow. I'm currently running Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires, the tread has lasted a year. (And no I don't sit in one place all day hoping to save tread) Anyway, I was in my garage Monday and ran over a small nail, don't know where in the heck it came from. And that was the last straw. I've got an old set of MAKO's but they sucked, the rolling resistance was horrible, plus they were completely slick. I do like the Schwalbe high profile as it gives the back of the chair about 1/4 lift which eased my back pain (t-2 using a Quickie Ti (1992 model). Another concern is how the scissor brakes will work, I'll probably end up buying the extensions Sportaid sells. I can't understand why Sunrise would design a chair with camber adjustablity (washers) and not provide scissor brakes long enough to reach the dang tire.........most of the time the brake stick into the sidewall. Anyway I'll give my thoughts for those who care!!

I ordered my makos from sportaid and they were a much softer version than my previous pair...be sure and ask before you order because both brands offer different firmness...
    C5-6 - 22 years

If you read my thread on my Shox, you'll see they are sluggish at first, but they are getting better.. Notice the center bead on them. They turn exactly like 110psi, but sluggish in a roll/coast.

I use push to lock, and the hold well, and as a C5 have no difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki-k
    I am interested as well...
    What would the model numbers for the Shox tires be for the different PSI versions? I would really like to have that at hand when calling around to find a set to try.
    Choose by PSI approximations (right)
    or by Weight Range (below)<120lbs120lbs - 160lbs>160lbs+60psiPlush 80psi Standard 110psi Firm

more.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg