Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not around much

Not around much

Just thought I would let everybody know the reason for my absence on here, my dad has a blood clot in his stomach that has cut off the blood supply to his bowels. Given his already precarious health we are just making him comfortable.

Karl-
    Sorry to hear about your dad's blood clot, I hope that it is cleared up and doesn't hit his lungs. Would a colostomy be in order to help his bowels? I'll be praying for him and your family. IM me if you need a shoulder.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

((Karl)) I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's especially times like these where we need to tell the people in our life how much they have meant to us. Take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    Karl-
    Sorry to hear about your dad's blood clot, I hope that it is cleared up and doesn't hit his lungs. Would a colostomy be in order to help his bowels? I'll be praying for him and your family. IM me if you need a shoulder.
    Chelle, its pretty much guaranteed that Dad wouldn't survive the massive surgery he would need to try & correct the problem. not only would they have to remove the clot but also resect all the dead bowell. He hates the idea of a colostomy. Given his poor quality of life since the stroke & his uncontrollable neuropathic pain we're not willing to subject him to anymore torment, he's 77 years old & he's lived through a heart attack quintupple bypass surgery, protrate cancer, the stroke, gallbladder problems & a broken hip.

I just hope he manages to live through today since its my brother & his wifes first wedding aninversary.

Karl, you have my support and love..................Lex

We will be praying for your dad and your family.Sorry to hear this.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Karl-
    It's completely understandable that he has chosen not to subject himself to what he considers more torture. He's lived a long and difficult life. I hope for him and your brother that he's able to live through today's anniversary. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for all of you(him included) to know that this is his time and to let him go. I know you are close to him and it will be tough for you. <HUGZ> for you and all of your family.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Wow, you have one tough dad. My best wishes to you and your family.

Sorry to hear Karl. You and your family are in my prayers.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

So sad to hear of your Dad's health problems, Karl.

Prayers and good thoughts for your Dad, your family and you.