Thread: Can I wash my power chair in the shower?

Can I wash my power chair in the shower?

Do you think washing my power chair in the shower will damage it?

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Absolutely! You should avoid getting your power chair that wet. You can short out wires and cause corrosion. Use a damp cloth and something like Simple Green to clean your chair seat and exposed parts only.

(KLD)

OK, thanks. I love being right (my fiance and I were arguing about it). Should I also avoid going out in the rain?

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Unless it is a tropical downpour you are probably fine in the rain, although it would be best to limit exposure. A shower allows water to get into a lot of places that are less likely to get wet in the rain.

(KLD)

Emi, we got this 'tip' from lilsister - when you have to go out in the rain, take a big 'ziplock bag' and just pull it over your power controls, so at least those won't get wet.

I use Simple Green and a wet towel to keep my chair clean. If I really need to go in and get out the grease, I will boil water and pour it over and in between the tires. I do this about every other month if necessary.

PN

And never ever ride through kitty litter someone has used for sidewalk traction for ABs. That stuff gets into each little tread and you spend hours with a wet brush trying to get it out before it kills rugs and carpet.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."