Thread: Opium & Belladone Suppository for Bladder Spams.

Opium & Belladone Suppository for Bladder Spams.

A freind has asked me to post for him..

He's C4, he says inc., Recently his ureathra was pierced while having his folly changed. Went spent 3 days in hospital and got fixed up..

They put him on 6-8weeks IV.

Now, he's peeing past the cath, and went to see the doc, they prescribed Opium & Belladone Suppository to stop bladder spasms.

Basically he would like some info on this.. He had/has an account here but can't get on, but should be reading.

Thanks

Yes, we use these too for short term treatment (several days at most) of bladder spasm. This is often after bladder surgery. They generally work very well. It is an old treatment, but still a good one. They should not be used long term as you can develop a physical addiction (dependency) just as with any opioid. Urologist often just call them B&O (belladona & opium) suppositories.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/bellop_ids.htm

(KLD)

Thanks KLD I'll let him know.

My doctor prescribed me those after I got my suprapubic put in and they really do work. I didn't use them every day, only whenever I needed them. I'll be used about 6 a year and it was until about five years ago (I started back in 1989) that I started getting a bad reaction. They started making the real sick. So I stopped using them but like I said, and they really do help bladder spasms and any other spasms for that matter.