Thread: Donations for Dr. Davies

Donations for Dr. Davies

Anyone know how to donate to Dr. Davies now that he's moved to Colorado?

This might not be the correct forum, but I thought this might be the place I'd get the quickest answer. Move it if appropriate.

I think he is still in England at the moment but I am sure if you pm him here at CC or email him at his Denver address he would tell you or direct you to the right person. Given his talk in DC I would say that any investment with his work would be very well placed.

What a great thing for you to do, Benny

Hi Benny,
    Your support of my labs SCI research is greatly appreciated. The University of Colorado Foundation has just set up a fund to support my research program at CU. If you would like to make a donation please contact Robert Silber (an administrator in the Neurosurgery Dept) at Robert.Silber@UCHSC.edu . All money donated will be used exclusively for funding our development of human decorin and type-1 GRP derived astrocytes for clinical trials.

Stephen Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny
    Anyone know how to donate to Dr. Davies now that he's moved to Colorado?

This might not be the correct forum, but I thought this might be the place I'd get the quickest answer. Move it if appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Davies
    Hi Benny,
    Your support of my labs SCI research is greatly appreciated. The University of Colorado Foundation has just set up a fund to support my research program at CU. If you would like to make a donation please contact Robert Silber (an administrator in the Neurosurgery Dept) at Robert.Silber@UCHSC.edu . All money donated will be used exclusively for funding our development of human decorin and type-1 GRP derived astrocytes for clinical trials.

Stephen Davies.
    You can't just tease me with a line like this Does this mean you've got some concrete plans to take this to trials? Any other promising updates?

Hi Benny,
    If you check my previous posts you will see that I have written in quite a bit of detail about what I think needs to be done in terms of basic science experiments before taking potential treatments to clinical trial, especially for treating the chronically injured spinal cord. I think it is important as a scientist to keep the public informed about our latest developments. I actually presented new and as yet unpublished data at the Working2Walk meeting on Type-2 astrocytes derived from precursor cells and explained in a recent post the importance of this new data in relation to stemcell SCI therapies. I have more data that I will talk about later this year. It is important for you to realize that in presenting data on a public forum before it is accepted for publication, I run a real risk of a top journal not publishing the work.

Thanks for the donation info. Dr. Davies!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Davies
    I think it is important as a scientist to keep the public informed about our latest developments. I actually presented new and as yet unpublished data at the Working2Walk meeting on Type-2 astrocytes derived from precursor cells and explained in a recent post the importance of this new data in relation to stemcell SCI therapies. I have more data that I will talk about later this year. It is important for you to realize that in presenting data on a public forum before it is accepted for publication, I run a real risk of a top journal not publishing the work.
    Hello Dr. Davies

We do realize that there are good reasons not to talk publicly about unpublished data, and believe me nobody here wants to interfere in any way with your ability to get your work done.

I want you to know that your presence (and that of others) at w2w last month was a giant shot in the arm to many, many people out here. Hopefully it will lead to more activism, more awareness, and more $$$$ to keep the flywheel turning ever faster.

You were taking a risk by telling us about the t2 astrocytes and your results working with them; we can help to make it pay off by demanding passage of cdrpa, funding for nih, and funding for escr. I know I was more motivated than ever to push back on the dead weight that seems to be our legislative process.

For anyone who's interested in donating, I got the following information from the contact Dr. Davies gave above:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Silber
    We appreciate your efforts to support Dr. Davies research endeavors. I currently have established a CU foundation account dedicated to Drs. Davies mission. The name of that account is Neuro- Repair Research. Checks can be sent pay to the order of CU Foundation- Neuro-Repair Research Account. You can send a check to my attention at the address below and I will deliver it to the foundation office. Our Tax ID # is 84-6049811.

Robert M. Silber, MS, MBA
    Administrator
    Department of Neurosurgery
    University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
    4200 E. 9th Ave, C307
    Denver, CO 80262
    303-315-1315
    Edited because I forgot to include the address.
    Last edited by Benny; 06-01-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Last Christmas I remember donating to Davies dept at Baylor ... kind of hard to follow these people around! I didn't realize he had moved until this thread.

P.S. Can't wait for the Canadian dollar to equal the American one so the donations don't hit quite as hard ~ almost there!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12