Thread: A Four-Wheeled Adventure

A Four-Wheeled Adventure

I'm totaly accident prone these days. I fell over backward for the first time.

Everyone in my family today (except hubby) went to Warm Springs. We were going to see Roosevelts famous house there. Once we got to Warm Springs, though, it was decided we were going to eat first. So we stopped at this restraunt, and everything turned into a clusterfuck. Mom took the only chair-accessible spot available for Dad's van (stupidly) and so my bro (who I was in the car with) parked in the ONLY available spot.

Which was on a dirt slope beside the pavement.

Mom came over and helped Ed get my chair out of his car, and since the dirt was soo loose I instantly slipped on it, I didn't want to walk to the end of the car and up to the pavement

I was afraid I'd fall.

So they brought my chair up beside the car, and I sat down and said "Okay, now just get out of my way and let me turn around" and they moved, and the minute they let go of my chair, I started sliding. I grabbed my wheels to keep from rolling, and started to tip backwards. I threw myself forward, and kept sliding, and then my big wheels hit the edge of the pavement, which was about a foot high as it turns out.

and I went over backwards

Hit my lower back on the edge of the asphalt, lowest thoractic area on the upper edge of the asphalt and

It hurt like hell, and I couldn't move my left leg, and was a bit in and out from the pain. 911 was called. About 30 x-rays later, they cleared me to be released from the cervical collar and back board, took about 30 more x-rays, got to use a bed pan, got a shot of demerol in the ass, and then got to go home.

I match my chair fabric - black and blue. I thought I knew pain, but no, that was the worst. My spine impacted the asphalt curve/edge so hard... I'm really lucky I didn't break anything. My stabilizer bar protected me some.

We never did get lunch - or to see the white house. Later after we were back home and I was drugged up and loopy, someone brought in takeout chinese. My brother had my fourtune cookie which made me laugh so hard I was in pain and wet myself a bit.

A four-wheeled adventure will soon bring you happiness.

Blog Entries
    ROFL, those darn Chinese KNOW I tell ya!
    Oh I feel for you>Chaka Khan<. That was a great picture you drew. Winced as I saw ya flippin over. At least they gave you demerol. It always works, lol.
    You are gonna be a careful critter next time you see a dirt slope, eh?

Oh hell yes, I'm going to be careful. I guess I'm not as inept at falling as I thought, my chair didn't submarine, and although I did scuff up my elbows, I didn't smash my skull open.

I'm REALLY feeling it this morning though, I feel like I've been run over by a road!

Heeheee. Sometimes, when no other word will do, I'm so grateful to the inventor of "clusterfuck". Always happy to see another aficianado...

Sorry that you're a fellow victim of klutziness. Glad nothing was broken. Gotta love the wisdom of the Chinese fortune cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannette
    Oh hell yes, I'm going to be careful. I guess I'm not as inept at falling as I thought, my chair didn't submarine, and although I did scuff up my elbows, I didn't smash my skull open.

I'm REALLY feeling it this morning though, I feel like I've been run over by a road!
    Sorry for the trials; the tribulations too. I gotta ask, though, blasted by the demerol, how did the Chinese taste?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Hehehehe Bethany, I do love that word. It's so helpful.

Juke, the chinese tasted pretty much like chinese from that place always does. I spilled it all over me though, got it all down my shirt, on my pants.. It was like I couldn't keep my food on my fork to save my life.

Jeannette,
    I hope the demerol is providing some relief. Sounds like your landings are kinda like mine. Glad you didn't bump your 'noggin.

By the wayI used to have a hen named "Fuster". When she made noise you know what I called it? ....... A "Fuster CLUCK!!!!"...... LOL....

ps I put a picture of my airplane on the My Accident Vehicle thread. Pre-crash. Check it out.

glad to hear you are ok!!!

had to laugh at the fortune tho. between you and Cory, I've actually managed to laugh today.