Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My poor small boy

Geez, sorry for Small Boy. How old is he, Ami?
    Here's a for real angel for him...
    - Richard

Children lives should be pain free and untroubled. I am so sorry. My prayers are going out for your little guy.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Major good thoughts and positive energy for Small Boy. He's in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay
    Get well.
    Your signature quote is really out of place, expecially in this forum. Maybe it would find a more appropriate audience down in the "Relationships and Sexuality" forum.

BTW, why would you want to drink your own urine?

Before wishing someone's child to "Get well" perhaps you should get your mind right first.

Sorry to butt into your thread Ami, but I found kkmay's signature quotation to be "over the line".

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Thanks everyone, it was incredibly wonderful to wake up this morning (errr, afternoon!) to all the nice words. It helps more than you can know.

Confusing I know - but my son (who is 6), has a congenital malformation of his ureters, it has been present since birth, but we didn't know it until very recently. Typically, it is diagnosed much sooner than age 6, but a number of factors contributed such that we didn't know. Mostly we think the UTIs did not cause typical pain/burning on urination, but also we can't know how much his deafness played into it. His hearing loss caused profound developmental delays and he was very nonverbal until about age 4, so he may not have been able to tell us symptoms.

So, he has been through the wringer medically - he had major (and risky) surgery to correct his hearing loss last June, but thankfully it was 100% successful and he has near perfect hearing now. Now he'll have to have this surgery, but we don't know when yet, we have to see the pediatric urologist pronto on Monday.

Despite of all his medical stuff, he is sooooo happy and funny. See below for evidence. Who is that behind those Foster Grants?

ETA: he will LOVE that angel made by airplanes, as do I! How totally cool is that?!

Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

o he is too cute! very beautiful! i hope everything goes well for him with his surgery.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

When he was a baby, his dad and I used to say allll the time "geez, I wish we'd gotten a happy one"! He came out smiling and hasn't stopped in 6 years. He is just a great kid. Well, except when he's sassing me, lol ...
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Small Boy is big adorable.

You're going to have to change his name before you know it, Ami, to Large Boy.
    - Richard

He is so cute. You both have the exact same lovely smiles. Wish him the best on the surgery.