Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virtual life

virtual life

after my injury my life changed a lot....i feel like i live a virtual life .
    what about you my friends?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

ya know ADI?????? you got it bout right, ha, ha. you're one funny fella. i bet you'd be a hoot to hang out with. bats an all......

my life feels pretty real......... I really have things I need to do, I really have deadlines to meet, and from time to time I really piss my pants. It's different allright, but it seems to me it's hard to escape the reality of the situation.

i don't feel like i'm in a vr life but sometimes feel like i'm in storage

Pic is backpacking Alaska '93. How about 2012?
    I think I'm with Zaphod. And JAD, whom I can't guess how to abbreviate (forgive my presumption) I see the looming threat of tragic, that life ever will be only about managing, that I'll never get to the living part. I know I will get past that, but I have to be ever vigilant, and I'm still too far away, and the sprint of time dizzies and scares me.

It's a daily thing. My certainty that I will prevail is usally more--viscerally and authentically--sanguine (if that indeed is the word I remember learning meant cheerful and optimistic). It's something i just know, and it's always been true. Sorry, I'm too tired to say anything tha makes sense or that might matter to anyone.

Zaphod, did you ever get my aopology on this front?

Oh, and if it all were virtal, I woud just edit it..

I'm with singin' on this one.

If my life were strictly virtual, I'd so get a do over, would major league edit.

Quote Originally Posted by justadildo
    i don't feel like i'm in a vr life but sometimes feel like i'm in storage
    Well try to wriggle out from under that maxiblimped momma you've adopted in your avatar before you're up for permanent long-term storage, huh, justa?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

if i were in a virtual life, it sure wouldn't look like this...

Quote Originally Posted by singin_intherain
    I think I'm with Zaphod. And JAD, whom I can't guess how to abbreviate (forgive my presumption) I see the looming threat of tragic, that life ever will be only about managing, that I'll never get to the living part. I know I will get past that, but I have to be ever vigilant, and I'm still too far away, and the sprint of time dizzies and scares me.

It's a daily thing. My certainty that I will prevail is usally more--viscerally and authentically--sanguine (if that indeed is the word I remember learning meant cheerful and optimistic). It's something i just know, and it's always been true. Sorry, I'm too tired to say anything tha makes sense or that might matter to anyone.

Zaphod, did you ever get my aopology on this front?

Oh, and if it all were virtal, I woud just edit it..
    I did, and it was unneccesary. Watever conflict there may have been is water under the bridge now . I'm sorry yoou didn't get any acknowledgement of it till now. I did post in the thread you started wondering where I was about it some time ago.

Blog Entries
    ADI old friend, you have GOT to get out of the house. Just go outside and roll down the street. STAY outside for a while. do this EVERY STINKING DAY.
    I don't care what ya think now, SMALL steps are how you start changing things. Like a funny movie said with Bill Murray chasing a Psychiatrist....
    BABY STEPS
    YOU have got to BE THE MAN,, ain't nobody gonna change it for you.
    I know what I'm talking about.
    Get up and in your chair and go outside soon as you read this. Even if you set there and shit your pants, no one is gonna kill ya for it. Doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks. You look right past them.
    Get up and go.

If I could, I come over there and set with ya wearing a big ol smelly diaper full of crap with pee running out the back of my chair, JUST so you would know they ain't looking at ya!
    Get up and start LIVING buddy.
    Remember boot camp?
    How did ya make it then?
    You said if all these momma's boys can do it who went before me, I SURELY CAN.
    Well, this momma's boy is going outsidfe pronto. I hope you follow me. Cya inside later today. Tell me what ya did.
    John
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 05-14-2007 at 01:15 PM.