Thread: corset - where to buy?

corset - where to buy?

Does anyone know of a place from which I can purchase corsets? My former source no longer sells them.

Thanks,
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

This post has some suggestions: suggestions:http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive...hp/t-7689.html
    or
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive...p/t-56907.html

Personally, I don't have any one brand I would recommend.

AAD

Thanks. I didn't remember that I'd discussed this before. Blasted aging.
    Alan

I have a related question -- searched through the other postings and didn't see a direct answer. I have a somewhat unique (or at least I think it is) binder usage. I used two, a 9 inch crisscross with stays next to my skin and a 12 inch (no stays) on top. If I just use the 12 inch, it simply rolls up our crushes, doing no good and leaving me with essentially a belt (and a bright red line at the end of the day). The 9 inch with stays doesn't crush our role due to the rigid stays, but isn't quite sufficient to hold my, well, beer muscle. This actually works quite well and I have no problem getting the three or four panel 12 inch binders -- everyone sells those. But the 9 inch with stays seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Mine is ratty from wear and should have been replaced years ago. But I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have a source for these?

Ken

Try contacting the vendor that carries the 12 inch to see if they know hwere to get the 9 in or maybe they can special order.

AAD

You drag for recreation, Alan?

Naa, but maybe I should start?
    Alan

Have you tried going to an orthotist for a fitting? I wore a certain style for many years and then it was discontinued. I saw an orthotist, a referral by my orthopedic physician. They were able to get a manufacturer to custom make a lumbar-sacral support, and insurance covered it (actually two supports at a time). One interesting thing I found out during the process is that Medicare will not cover supports with elastic panels (deeming them drugstore varieties), and of course many private insurance companies follow the medicare model.

Orthotist: http://www.mshealthcareers.com/caree...rosthetist.htm

All the best,
    GJ