Thread: Need advice

Need advice

Our fundraiser is less than a month away. We've recieved alot of donations in items, but we're having a problem selling tickets to the event. Does anyone have any advice on how we can advertise our event?

Have you thought of contacting your local TV station and newspaper? You might be able to get them to do special interest stories on it.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

GoTWHeeLs,

Also your local radio stations. i'm touching base with ours this week, same reason

posters at hospital therapy dep. and their employees

don't panic cuz i am

comes down to just pounding the pavment and hoping for good weather

good luck
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

You might ask if you can put flyers at Jim Thorpe. Also contact Rick Lewis at the OK SCI Association. Ask him to send to his email list, and if you can put flyers at the Rylyn Meecham Center. You might consider slapping flyers on bulletin boards at the local colleges. Have you checked ad rates at the OKC Gazette?

Good luck!

Where can I get the details? I need a social life.

What kind of fundraiser is it? As beth said, post flyers and solicit yourself at businesses asking for more donations and ppl. to attend. Get some of your cute girl friends to go out helping too. Many businesses have a hard time saying no to pretty smile.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Its a live/silent auction. Drinks, food, live entertainment. we are charging 40$ a ticket, 70$ a couple. Is that to much?

Not too much, IMO. How long have you allotted to get everything together before the auction? Get those flyers with your face on it OUT there.. send via email to everyone. Next time think in terms of a golf tournament. Word of mouth travels faster that way and when you invite 1 person, they need to find 3 more to complete a foursome. You can have a silent auction/raffle too. Keep a record book of everyone that participates as you need to do a fundraiser every year.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

We've been working on it for well over 8 months. We decided against the golf tournament this year because our goal is 35,000 and we didnt think we would be able to bring that in with a golf tourny, but that is more likely to be our plan next year. Can we have a silent auction/raffle at the golf tourny? was that what you were saying?

Depending on what items you are auctioning off will generate that kind of money. That is a huge amount but very reachable. A friend of mine just had an auction, not silent, and had all kinds of signed football, hockey and baseball memoribilia. She had several famous ppl. that brought those items. I know that she raised that much, so it's possible. Sounds like you gave yourself plenty of time to get the word out. Are you getting a good response?

As far as the golf tourney, I'd prefer that over any other type of fundraiser. Reason being is that it lasts ALL day long from like 7:30-5. Golfers spend the day drinking beer and donating and after they finish their round, you have your raffle. You could do a silent auction for the big items and raffle off food gift certificates. No matter what, you will end up with more than you started with.

We've gotten alot of signed stuff, football from adrian peterson, football from OU sooner football team, basketball by eddie sutton, guitar from toby keith, etc. Golf tourney sounds like a great idea for next summer. Next year will be alot different because I will only need to raise aliitle bit for insurance and therapy.