Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sanctuary

Cool Liferaft

I am sure you have all heard this story, but mabye there is ONE person who hasn't, and I think it is worth it to post just in case...and if someone is feeling "left out" by God, we could support that person, and talk about it!
    I will summarize the story:

One day there was a man lost at sea, holding on to only a life preserver, and he kept praying to God to help him, to save him in his time of need!
    Well, a helicopter came by, and dropped a basket down into the water, but the man called to them "I am waiting on GOD to come down and save me! Thanks anyways!"
    ...next came a boat that threw out a liferaft, and the man said the same thing to the Captain of THAT boat...he was waiting for God himself to come down and save him...
    The man finally drowned.
    When he got to heaven, he asked God "Why did you forsake me? Why did you let me drown?"
    God replied "For cryin out loud I sent you a helicopter with a basket, a boat and a liferaft!
    What ELSE were you watiing FOR????

When I first heard that story, I laughed so hard...because that is how STUBBORN I am!
    It really touched me. Hope SOMEONE has not heard this before and it touches them as well!
    Ashley (ashes2ashes)
    P.S. Is this FORUM entirely for Spinal Injuries? It seems that way, in some of the forums anyways...
    I am looking for people to discuss health, medicine, recovery (from anything at all, been clean 11 yrs) and friendship. I am a primary caregiver to my husband, who is on the Transplant List for a liver.(End Stage Liver Failure)
    Last edited by Obieone; 12-28-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Changed font is all !

Quote Originally Posted by ashes2ashes View Post
    P.S. Is this FORUM entirely for Spinal Injuries? It seems that way, in some of the forums anyways...
    I am looking for people to discuss health, medicine, recovery (from anything at all, been clean 11 yrs) and friendship. I am a primary caregiver to my husband, who is on the Transplant List for a liver.(End Stage Liver Failure)

Hi Ashley - thanks so much for your story .. I have heard it before .. but it fits perfectly here. I suspect there are many of us guilty of that kind of "stubborn" .... to answer your question yes CareCure is predominately a spinal chord\neorological injury community but you are welcome here of course. I'm sorry for your situation .... I'm sure as a carer for your husband we share many of the same issues.

Here is a link to a board that may be more relevant to you : http://www.healthboards.com/boards/s...d.php?t=675751

All the best and stay strong
    Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 12-28-2009 at 09:20 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

May all beings be peaceful.
    May all beings be happy.
    May all beings be safe.
    May all beings awaken to the light of their true nature.
    May all beings be free.

This is a translation of a Buddhist prayer known as the Maitri (Metta in Pali) Prayer or the Loving-Kindness Prayer.

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Obie...forgot about this wonderful "Sanctuary"...and today was one of those days I really needed it!

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    Obie...forgot about this wonderful "Sanctuary"...and today was one of those days I really needed it!

........ {{{ hug Judy }}}}

Obie

Jane Siberry

A Psalm

The Psalms are replete with great wisdom and strength.

My favorite: This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118, 24
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I just found this on another message board - ti's such beautiful writing ... thank you Leonard .... he's amazing and he 's Canadian !!

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Give up your perfect offering
    There's a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    That's how the light gets in

--Leonard Cohen

Obieone

Jane Siberry

Anyway - Martina McBride

You can spend your whole life buildin'
    Something from nothin
    One storm could come and blow it all away
    Build it anyway

You could chase a dream
    That seems so out of reach
    And you know it might not ever come your way
    Dream it anyway

God is great but sometimes life aint good
    And when I pray
    It doesn't always turn out like i think it should
    But I do it anyway
    I do it anyway

This worlds gone crazy
    And it's hard to believe
    That tomorrow will be better than today
    Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all you heart
    For all the right reasons
    And in a momemt they can choose to walk away
    Love 'em anyway

God is great but sometimes life aint good
    And when I pray
    It doesn't always turn out like i think it should
    But I do it anyway
    Yeah I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singin'
    A song you believe in
    That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
    Sing it anyway
    Yeah sing it anyway

I sing
    I dream
    I love anyway

Jane Siberry

Love Martina and that song Obie!

From the opening of "Into the Wild".......my favourite movie.

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
    There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
    There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar;
    I love not man the less, but Nature more..

Lord Byron

My favourite quote - I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa