Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weather side effects

weather side effects

hi there

Now it's raining and i have very big pain in legs and hands. I'm ASIA B quad. This pain it's something good? Should I take a drug or wait ?

THX

my neuro pain is excrutiating when is cloudy or raining.take a pain killer don`t suffer.i just took one is a bad storm around my area as well.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I thought I was the only one affected by the weather. Cold kills me. On a similar note I admire you, all of you, on your ability to keep moving in spite of all this pain. I keep wanting to give up. I thought I was tough before my injury. I realize I am pretty weak after all.

Hi,

I've not known of anything scientific reported definitely that weather affects pain but many people attest to this. People with arthritis feel change in weather makes pain worse.

If you are having pain, I see no reason why you shouldn't take medication but if you have questions about your pain control, I would discuss with your doctor. He/she should know what brings or your pain and what things relieve it so as to helpl you in the best way possible.

AAD

i damn sure don't need a scientific study to define a relation between barometric pressure changes and my central pain..... like ADI when the storms roll in, so does my ass burnin legs on fire pain pain pain....last nite i was way ahead of the weather man on the tornado warnings, my legs let me know before the radar.....some nites i will put the live radar up on my comp screen and watch the fronts move thru and monitor the correlation to my own ass/leg burn radar, the national weather service should save money on new technology and just pay us to tell them when to head for the storm shelters...i wouldn't classify the pain as something "good" CYPRESS, but it definitely lets you know your body isn't completely dead...and ACARS, you're definitely not alone in being a human barometer.......

Brain tell us when something wrong.
    The problem is send to brain as a pain through spinal cord. Can this message(pain) work as an activator in order to excite injury site?

I'm engineer, and i don't know much anatomy/physiology...sorry if I'm wrong.

the brain is the computer and sends signals thru the spinal cord.
    imagine the spinal cord like an optic cable [when the cable is damage all the signals that brain try to send are chaotic ],spasms ,neuro pain etc.
    is like a short circuit.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

I find, weather screws with my core temperature, and my core temperature affects my pain.

Oddly it's only my one arm.

i have pain allover my body from the neck down [damn ,or my brain is too big ,or my injury is a rare one].
    • Dum spiro, spero.

My pain is worse when the weather is changing for the better or worse. If it is a drastic fast changing weather system it is much worse and more wide spread. Once my body catches up with the change I am more comfortable even it it is still raining. Just as long the weather system levels out for awhile my body is happier.