Thread: Ride designs cushion

Ride designs cushion

I'm currently trying out the discontinued R1 model just to get a feel for what the custom one would be like. At first I was a little leery about the design, especially considering there is no gel or anything else to cushion your butt.
    So far the seat has been awesome! My posture is a hundred times better than with my J2. And after almost 5 hours today... no discomfort, shoulder or back pain, or signs of pressure sores.

Does/has anyone else tried these? Opinions and feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

My J2 was terrible for my posture but was comfortable(ish) and easy to transfer on/off of. I'm trying a Varilite Pro which is working great with my hips/posture and has it's ups and downs. They are a subsidiary of the company that makes Thermalite sleeping pads and specialize in hitech foam. I'm combating "C" posture and being able to adjust my hips is helps a lot.

Hey, it's my car-bashing buddy! I have the custom ride. I find mine uncomfortable, but it's the only cushion out of about 10+ I tried that works on my butt. I needed a pretty deep well to work though, that's probably why it's so uncomfortable, I pretty much have to sacrifice comfort for pressure relief It's still not perfect, but the best I've been able to find.

Other than that, you sure can't beat the weight factor, unreal hey? Pretty cool concept, Too bad car seats weren't made of this stuff..lol...

Ps: Ridiculously expensive, there should be a frickin law against these guys charging what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeygirl
    Hey, it's my car-bashing buddy! I have the custom ride. I find mine uncomfortable, but it's the only cushion out of about 10+ I tried that works on my butt. I needed a pretty deep well to work though, that's probably why it's so uncomfortable, I pretty much have to sacrifice comfort for pressure relief It's still not perfect, but the best I've been able to find.

/Other than that, you sure can't beat the weight factor, unreal hey? Pretty cool concept, Too bad car seats weren't made of this stuff..lol...

Ps: Ridiculously expensive, there should be a frickin law against these guys charging what they do.
    That's correct, your friendly neighborhood rice lover at your service!

I finally got to try the r1 I've been using On a Tilite ZRA... I absolutely love it. The chair had a standard upholstery back and only 2 inches of dump, But I still felt 10 times better in than I did with my quickie2. I'm definitely going to get one, but it's going to be out of pocket
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Two things to consider are:
    1)If you cath in your chair, clothing management and getting to your essentail body parts can be very difficult.
    And
    2)The interface between the Ride cushion and backs are difficult - not impossible but difficult. The overall height in back (upwards of 4-5") limits the back choices. And this is especially apparent in a tilt or recline sytem in a power wheelchair.

Thanks,
    Pam- NW OTR/L