Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: diaper rash

diaper rash

having a uti again [pseudonomas aeruginosa]my urine is very acid.i got bad rash [very red]on my penis,scrotum and bottom area.any suggestion on the best cream to treat the skin?
    thank you.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-04-2007 at 01:42 AM.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I'm not sure what brands of diaper rash (zinc oxide) cream are availiable in your area, the two best are Penaten and Sudocream. If the rash is painful or causing AD/spasms your dr. can prescribe a zinc oxide cream with cortisone in it. If the rash is spreading and has little pin prick red dots around the edges it is a yeast rash and you need an antifungal cream.

thank you emi it looks more like a fungal infection.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

nistatin for fungus. caldescene powder for jock itch/rash
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

nystatin powder works good
    JUST GLAD TO BE ALIVE

After your rash heals up you should use a barrier cream to prevent further breakouts.
    Injured May 19, 2006, C4 incomplete

I would agree that fungal problems are often associated with diaper rash. Wash and dry the area completely twice daily (use a hair dryer on cool to assure complete drying). Spend at least an hour afterwards with your legs frogged while laying in bed. Then apply either a antifungal cream (I try to avoid products with zinc oxide as you cannot see the skin well, and have to scrape it off to treat the skin for fungus) or an antifungal powder (dust on thinnly so it does not cake).

Once the infection is cleared, keep the skin protected with a skin barrier that will not wash off. I prefer the 3M No-Sting Protective Barrier swabs or spray, which only needs to be applied every 48 hours, and does not come off even with soap and water, yet is clear and non-sticky for skin inspection. Bard makes a similar product called Bard Skin Barrier swab or spray.

(KLD)

thank you kld.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Cool

I use some type of herbal baby cream called "Country Comfort Herbal Baby Cream". Its a clear ointment-type cream that looks similar to A+D ointment, but has calendula, chickweed, and other skin healing herbs in it. It has helped relieve the severe red rash I get from my mitrofanoff stoma leaking 24/7.

If you to go www.babyworks.com, they sell a container of it for under $7.00. Also, some natrual health stores sell it.

Jessie

Adi, if you send me your address on PM, I will send you the BEST stuff on earth for preventing and healing rashes. It's called Calmoseptine. I've sent tubes of it to many people here and its the best stuff EVER. Its hard to find even here, so I doubt you could find it in Romania, but I'd be happy to send you a tube.

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager