Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please Help : Skin BOND

I used skin bond until it was removed and then i tried the self adhering which simply didnt work for me, and i hunted for a replacement . I found uro-bond IV to be the best but it was $90 plus postage for a 3oz bottle. I found it much cheaper to but 6 bottles ''over a years supply'' from the US and paid $35 a bottle I had them shipped via Price USA Who are located in Victoria . It works out about $20AU a month and I have not had one leak since so its worth every cent.

Has anyone found a good SURGICAL CEMENT simmilar to Skin Bond?
    Yes, for external cathater condoms.
    Thank you

Try securing condom by adding a rolled strip of 1" tensoplast tape around base of penis .I usually try adding second roll even closer to base of penis for extra security.

That's the adhesive that I finally settled on. I've just received a batch where the brush is very short and almost like a spatula. Completely useless. So clean and keep a couple of your old brushes in reserve in case the useless brushes become the norm.

I purchased a batch from here

http://www.caremedicalsource.com/Sho...sh-On-Adhesive

and found the brushes to be new and improved and go right to the bottom. This is on the Urobond IV. The screwtop is now metal. There was definitely a problem with the brushes separating from the lid whilst applying the Urobond when using the plastic ones, so that is one problem hopefully they have solved. Unfortunately I found this batch to be very thin, so much so that I had to leave the lid open for a couple of days. I don't particularly like doing this because you end up with far less glue in the end. I contacted Urocare and the manufacturing process hasn't changed apparently, so they had no explanation for the glue being very thin.

Just my two cents worth.

Hmmm, I use Torbot Bonding Cement with a Urocare Urofoam 1-sided adhesive strip (yeah, I'm paranoid!). Usually holds for two days. Oh, I also use skin-prep before applying the cement.

Every once in a while I get a can that seems to be bad, it simply doesn't adhere well. I usually toss it. It's not worth the trouble. I'm not sure why this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    That's the adhesive that I finally settled on. I've just received a batch where the brush is very short and almost like a spatula. Completely useless. So clean and keep a couple of your old brushes in reserve in case the useless brushes become the norm.
    I found the new metal lids brushes to be stiff and terrible as well and have been keeping the old plastic ones. I called to comment/complain about the new cheap lids and the guy I talked to said that they are actually much more expensive. They switched because they had too many complaints about leaking lids and the damage it caused. He forwarded me to someone else who was supposed to know more but I just got his voicemail. I left a message to calll me back. That was last week. Hopefully I will get called soon.