Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: An Invitation to Sci-Step!

An Invitation to Sci-Step!

Hey everyone!
    It was great to see everyone at Working 2 Walk!!

Now that we are back in Cincinnati and unpacked, I would like to remind you all of our offer to attend Sci-Step for a trial week at no cost. After meeting so many wonderful individuals and hearing all the incredible stories, we made it very clear to everyone that we would love to have you attend our facility. Come and train with our dedicated staff and meet amazing individuals who are working hard each and everyday!

Every activity-based component mentioned in the presentations in DC are things that our clients participate in daily at Sci-Step. Unfortunately, most people don't have the opportunity or funding to experience FES, PWBTT or even standing, not to mention aqua therapy, acupuncture (needles and light therapy) and massage therapy. Now you can!

We have housing units that are just minutes away from the facility and home health care/transportation options to meet everyone's needs.

We are serious and would love to reach out to as many people as we can! Simply contact me via email at mbrock@sci-step.com or info@sci-step.com to request an application. Fill it out and return it. We will contact you to schedule your week visit!! Even if you can't stay a week, come for a day or two! We would love to have you!

If you love it and want to stay longer, we work with all major private insurance companies, worker's compensation and even Medicare!

We look forward to working with you!

Michele Brock
    mbrock@sci-step.com
    www.sci-step.com

How much is the housing for a week?

Sorry, if there is an open housing unit during the time that you want to attend, there is no charge. They are fully furnished two bedroom units with a roll-in shower but you would need to provide all the personal essentials . If you need transportation or home health care, that is the only service that we would need to charge for since we use a contracted company.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know!!!

Michele

SOunds good. Is there a deadline? Would this be just like a tour or would be able to work and use all equipment for the week?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

First of all, I know there will be a ton of questions and the best way is to email me at mbrock@sci-step.com in order to make sure I am answering them in a timely manner. I don't get a chance to get on this forum daily and would hate to make you wait longer than necessary for a response.

We are doing this to make sure that everyone gets an opportunity to experience the components necessary for continued progress and recovery. It is very clear that exercise thru activity based therapy, combined with nutrition and preventitive health is piece of the puzzle and that individuals need to maintain an active lifestyle after an SCI. It is our goal to educate and assist patients while the researchers are doing their part in the realm of medical intervention.

Whether you decide to train at our facility after the week trial or return home with additional knowledge, we want to lead to down the right path. You will participate in our training program, following the documented research proven already within the SCI medical community.

In addition, you will have the opportunity to meet amazing individuals working on the exact same goals that you may have!

We want you to be able to maximize as much as we are able to provide to you during your visit. We will be scheduling the sessions individually but would be doing 3 hour sessions during the 5 days (M-F) that you are in town. Right now, we are not setting a deadline but will be starting the first trials over the next month. We hope that no-shows do not become an issue but based on interest already will are requiring a $200 deposit to "hold your spot" and cover potential damages to the apartment that will be given back to you at the conclusion of your trial week before you leave.

Hope this helps!
    Michele

[QUOTE=addiesue]SOunds good. Is there a deadline? Would this be just like a tour or would be able to work and use all equipment for the week?[/QUO

Due to the timing and planning issues that you may face, we have decided to open this up as our standard SCI-Step policy from now on. Anyone with an SCI who meets our qualifications (which are individualized and not general) is welcome into our facility for a week at no cost, including housing if one is open. This typically would be a cost of $2,300!

Why shouldn't you take advantage of this? All you have to do is get here, we can do the rest.

Keep the questions coming!

Michele

Needless to say, my mouth is watering at this offer. If I can get my health stable, I'll def be in touch. Everybody, this is an extremely generous offer. Hope people take advantage!

Definately a generous offer. Im excited and have started the process, I am just alittle concerned because it sounds to good to be true.

gotwheels---- you have nothing to be concerned about, Sci-Step is the real deal. Your hardest decision will be how long and when you want to come back. Hope to see you soon.

I'm there as long as I can get housing. Otherwise I'll be on a mat somewhere.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.