I thought that I would spread the word about this upcoming event. If you live in the Chicago area, it might be worth going to see. Patient art will be on display and auctioned off. I remember how much I enjoyed this program during the 3 months that I spent at RIC
Funds raised at this event will be used to support the RIC’s art therapy program and its art therapist. This person plays an invaluable role in rehabilitation of patients at the hospital and their overall rehabilitation experience. Art therapy is based on the belief that the creative process involved in the making of art is healing and life-enhancing. Through creating and talking about art and the creation process with an art therapist, patients can increase awareness of self, cope with symptoms, stress and traumatic experiences, enhance cognitive abilities and enjoy the life-affirming pleasures of artistic creativity.
http://associateboard.org/artfutura.html

about ArtFutura | 2006 Event Photos
The 2007 submission process is now closed. Please check back later this year for information on the 2008 event.
Opening Night & Awards Party Tickets ON SALE NOW
Opening Night & Awards Party
May 18, 2007
6:30 - 10:30 PM
Chicago Cultural Center
Music - Cocktails - Art for Sale
Exhibition
May 19 – May 27, 2007
Chicago Cultural Center
Open to the public
Click here for more information on ArtFutura 2007: Innovation!