Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M
    Thx, Steven--I'm beyond pissed off at the moment. I need to calm down to think rationally.
    Language against Coburn needs wrote up and lets get the word out! asap. One man will not defeat or destroy the Army of advocates that has got this bill this far. Stay positive Susan, you can do it! We're here to help, and we will see this Bill til it passes!

What is the saying? Go Forward!

LOL, Betsy--anger often spurns action. At least Sen. Coburn does not discriminate--he has holds on nearly a hundred bills at the moment. Actually seems to pride himself on holding bills if you read the entire text of the article from his website I posted below. I'm certain Sen. Harkin's office is or will be working very hard to lift the hold.

This bill has to pass. For those of you that want to send a message to Sen. Coburn. Even if you don't want to, you should. http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...rslist/?id=483

Send them to your senators too, if they haven't already agreed to cosponsor.

If this doesn't pass, we've missed a huge opportunity. Everyone needs to advocate. Like everything else in life, it's so much easier if everyone helps. More sponsors would have been helpful. The folks on this site need to get their act together and work towards promoting this bill.

This is so disappointing.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...rslist/?id=483
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

F***ing idiot, and a physician at that too. Who is from OK and can pound down his doors?
    Last edited by cheesecake; 12-13-2007 at 06:49 AM.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Oh I'm here, and God knows I've tried. CLC has too, my husband and kids, also Steven Edwards. His staff lie or he keeps them in the dark, they flat denied that he was the one holding this bill. I thought so all along. He never meets me face-to-face, now I know why. The closest his staff has ever said to indicate opposition was the first year, with "Dr. Coburn would probably prefer to support prevention rather than cure."

I'm stewing. I'll prolly think of something.

If this hold doesn't get released by Coburn by April and the bill does not receive a US Senate vote, I propose we stage a sit in at his office when we are in DC and demand an answer for the contradiction Steven points out below. Clog up the hallways all over the Senate building he is in. Clog up the security checkpoints, elevators, hallways, etc. If there are enough of us, they can't miss us--nor will the media.

Here is his phone number. We need to be heard!

Phone: (202) 224-5754
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

I sent his office a link to Broken Bodies, Soaring Spirits.

I encourage others to keep peppering him with emails and phone calls. And, if your legislators are not co-sponsors, remind them why this is important.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

His aide answers Dr. Coburn's office, it's he a Senator, after thought i should haves asked for a medical app. or what he suggests for paralysis.

also the last thing aide asked for was my zip code

maybe we should spout out an Okie zip eh
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

I like the way you think, Sue! Ol' Pseudo-Cowboy Country Doc finally stepped over the line, didn't he?

Leo, try 73099. I thought you knew the doctor thing, that's how one refers to His High Asshattedness.