Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act

Ohio Cosponsors

I got word today, that Marcy Kaptur will be adding her name as a cosponsor. I also followed up with Pat Tiberi and even though his name has not shown up as a cosponsor yet, he definately will be one. Hopefully, within the week both of those names will make the list.

I've got calls to other Representatives offices in Ohio. So far, we have 3 out of 17 signed up. Come on Ohio, we can do better than that!
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Thanks for carrying the Torch so high Imhopeful! I'm real glad to know you.

Got word from them and see that our Rep Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie is signed on. and these new ones.....now at 55

Rep Murphy, Patrick J. [PA-8] - 6/14/2007
    Rep Tiberi, Patrick J. [OH-12] - 6/14/2007
    Rep Wolf, Frank R. [VA-10] - 6/14/2007
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Thanks Leo for posting this. I see Kaptur and Tiberi's name finally appeared. Hopefully, we will see some more cosponsors from the Ohio House soon.

I'm still working with Sen. Voinovich's office to see if he will cosponsor. I can't seem to get them to commit one way or another. I don't understand why and find it frustrating.

Happy Father's Day Leo!

Donna
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Hi Donna,

thanks and it was great meeting you and your son in DC.

If he is a very hard core conservative like our Sen. Thune.....well i've moved on cuz energy can be better spent.

it's about distrust and maybe if the bill was titled Joni Todd Ericksen Paralysis Act they'd bite.

frustrating indeed

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Leo,

Just out of curiosity, did Thune tell you he would not cosponsor, or neglect to give you an answer at all? I'm not sure when to give up. If a Rep or Senator elects not to support the bill, I think we deserve to know why. Wishful thinking, I know.

My next step is an editorial in the local papers. I will publically thank my representatives that chose to support the bill, and note the one Senator that couldn't seem to make up his mind. Perhaps, he made up his mind, but doesn't feel the need to share his decision with his constituents.

I don't mind working hard for a cosponsor in the Senate. I think that is where we need the most support. If he can't make up his mind soon, I will write my editorial and let others know he has yet to decide to back this bill. How he could neglect to support the wonderful research in the labs located within Ohio, no less his very own alma mater, is beyond words.
    Last edited by IMHopeful; 06-17-2007 at 11:10 PM.
    - Martin Luther King Jr

He has said he will not co-sponsor it......but not a ligitament reason, he say's he does not want to tell the N.I.H how to do their job.

but yet he co-sponsors agricultural legislation trying to tell the department of agriculture what direction to go......imo he some how fears supporting this might tarnishing his squeacky clean image since it has CR's name to it.

I like your idea though about how to write that editorial....maybe i'll try that

best of luck

what can we do?

what's the next step? How do we get *more* people fired up to contact their legislators and get on board for this Bill -- maybe we can use the momentum or rather the energy/anger for the fact that the stem cell enhancement bill was vetoed as a catalyst for some action?

I've contacted the national spinal cord injury Association twice now and I'm still waiting back on an e-mail -- hoping that they'll get on board and at least alert their members -- US.. that -- there is still stuff that we can do to get something HAPPENING...

ANY THOUGHTS?

Work the Boston Chapter

Chaz, I think you will get lots of support from the Boston Chapter. Start there and push upward. Those CareCure members who have NSCIA chapters that you belong to, do the same. Push internally up to the National level.

PM me for other ideas.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

hi chaz,

funny you should ask cuz for a couple weeks now i had been meaning to ask you to do a favor.

the Medical Research = Quality of Life thread, will you use my letter or your own and drop the folks i listed and see if you can get a reply?

About NSCIA, I was pleased to see they have the SCREA on their front page of the web site, http://www.spinalcord.org/

rock on