Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act

Wonderful effort Nicksdad! 100 letters, WOW!
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

The door is open!

"To the families of special needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

The door is open!
    Now is the time to write both candidates! We should be asking Mrs. Palin how she feels about politics holding up good legislation. We can’t limit ourselves to hoping for one candidate, We should be bullying all of them.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

[QUOTE=Nicksdad]"To the families of special needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

Is this a quote from Sarah Palin?

Anyway, what is the next step for this bill? Is it back by itself now, i hope so. Does it help of out of staters contact Coburn?
    Last edited by waters3; 09-08-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003

[/quote]Is this a quote from Sarah Palin?

Anyway, what is the next step for this bill? Is it back by itself now, i hope so. Does it help of out of staters contact Coburn?[/quote]

Yes, from her vp accept. speech
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksdad
    "To the families of special needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

The door is open!
    Now is the time to write both candidates! We should be asking Mrs. Palin how she feels about politics holding up good legislation. We can’t limit ourselves to hoping for one candidate, We should be bullying all of them.

Sorry, I have been a parent of special needs kids for over 16 years as well as being SCI. Someone with less than 5 months experience is NOT where I intend to go. This administration has ripped apart IDEA as well as No Child Left Behind, leaving kids with special needs forgotten. We have Non-funded federal mandates that are worthless.

I have lobbied and worked for special needs kids longer than she has had a political career.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

hey cheesecake,

good to hear from u

any scoop on what CRF plans are 4 next year CDRPA
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

[quote=
    Is this a quote from Sarah Palin?

Anyway, what is the next step for this bill? Is it back by itself now, i hope so. Does it help of out of staters contact Coburn?[/quote]

I'm not sure if it helps writing to out-of-state senators. I made the comment to the nurses that helped with the project I wish I could have put little Lojacks in the envelops to track at what level of inturn they all made it to. How close to the actual senator any letter gets is a good question.

I got a newsletter today from U2FP urging me to call my senators to allow S. 3297 to come up for a vote by the end of next week before they go to recess until after the election. I did.

Senator Bill Nelson D of Florida - I was able to talk to a Coleen and basically was told she didn't know what his stance on that particular bill was or would be. She did look it up and said she would bring it to his attention.

Senator Mel Martinez R of Florida - I was able to have a pretty lengthy talk with his assistant that deals with health issues (Taylor Booth). When I told him S. 3297 he was able to bring it up and told me what I already knew plus more. Unfortunately CDRPA is in an omnibus that includes over 30 other bills that have ridiculous things in it asking for funding, e.g., permanent funding for water rails in Chesapeake Bay or something like that among other things. He said Harry Reid is not allowing the omnibus to be amended at all and right now with all the financial concerns that are going on if not amended will probably not pass.

I also thought the same thing. It NEEDS to be by itself or at least with other bills of the same nature regarding funding NIH or whatever. I also don't agree on just passing through a whole bunch of unnessary stuff. Unfortunately our bill is in there. This needs to be fixed i'm afraid before it is going to be taken seriously.
    Cindy Waters
    mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
    injury march 2003

hicago Artist Tadeusz Seidel Supports Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation Chicago Cha

hicago Artist Tadeusz Seidel Supports Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation Chicago Chapter Benefit

Charles Vickery's most committed protégé Tadeusz Seidel yet again shows his support for spinal cord injury research by donating a painting to the silent auction for 'Comedy for a Cure' Benefit event starring E!'s Chelsea Handler.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/chicag...web1340154.htm

Has anyone heard anything more about the CDRPA since last week or are the Senators still talking about it behind close doors?