Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act

Just as well happen the week of Jan. 22-25

Our senator's and Coburn.

I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by bostondad
    Hi all,

First, let me say that your letters to the Senator have been terrific! A first class and intelligent blast.

I have been thinking that we do two call in days. The first right after the New Year with calls to his home state office.

Oklahoma City
    100 North Broadway
    Suite 1820
    Oklahoma City, OK 73102
    Main: 405-231-4941
    Fax: 405-231-5051

We need to bring this issue to a local level for him and to his staff. I have found in the past that there is a whole different mind set at the local offices (local hires as opposed to college interns etc in DC) They tend to be more grounded. We call for the release of the hold and maybe we also call to request that the good Senator meet with some of his constituents from the paralyzed community to discuss the bill. (No pressure B)
    I am sure that if we all did some research we could come up with a group of people from Oklahoma. If he says no, or puts off a meeting,
    that would be very embarrassing for him with his staff and the local press.

The second call in day happens when they return to DC, sometime in late February. Maybe this one we can tie in with the Presidential race as there maybe two leading candidates who we can tie down at that point. We can also coordinate this with a YouTube piece or pieces. Thoughts?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Are these outlaws back in session yet?

Should have turned on the news first.

On the road tomorrow so will call thursday.

1. My 2 senators

2. Reeds office

3. Coburn's office
    Last edited by Leo; 01-22-2008 at 07:40 PM.

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Did it

Took less than 20 minutes, the young man in Coburn's office was quite politie, first time i've heard one say, i'll write this down as a memo and pass it on to him.

this link you just select your state and contact info pops up

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...m.cfm?State=OK

if your a bit nervious do your own state first, then by the time you hit Reed and CCoburn it just roles out.

Sen Reeds you'll get option to leave a voice message or wait for an aide, i only had to wait a couple minutes.

rock on

PS, have made contact with some folks with the PVA in OK, they have calls in so maybe we'll learn more

Been gone-what has been happening about CDRPA? Both the MN Senators are co-sponsors so I am not sure what else I should do. Thanks.

Another Call-In Day??

Any News?

Chaz19,
    I am wondering too.

Chaz, Momo--Sen. Coburn still has the bill on hold in the Senate. His office will be receiving a personal visit on April 15th. Hopefully, by a lot of us--to clog up the Senate building he is in and demand an answer.

I vote call in day, can Boston Dad get one going? As before, I will offer to go to DC again before April to see what can be done. Anyone interested in a pre-Rally push with a call in day on the same day?
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake
    I vote call in day, can Boston Dad get one going? As before, I will offer to go to DC again before April to see what can be done. Anyone interested in a pre-Rally push with a call in day on the same day?
    I'll be on my phone, cheesecake.