Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act

Hey Betheny, tell J.E. you doubt a cure for paralysis will be found if individuals like him/her don't go the extra mile to help. The cure will be moot!

Yeah....about Courtney Cox, I couldn't get through either. This newbie Senator has Dolly Parton singing to me while I'm on hold. Banjos and Dolly, what a professional atmosphere he projects. Do they serve up coffee in mason jars around the office too? Geez.....I can't believe we have to deal with this stuff.

How about news stations? They broadcast live. Any contacts in that regard?
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Oh I'm here, and God knows I've tried. CLC has too, my husband and kids, also Steven Edwards. His staff lie or he keeps them in the dark, they flat denied that he was the one holding this bill. I thought so all along. He never meets me face-to-face, now I know why. The closest his staff has ever said to indicate opposition was the first year, with "Dr. Coburn would probably prefer to support prevention rather than cure."

wtf! Is he going to outlaw driving, diving and falling???????

When is the Senate gonna get rid of this anti-democratic hold system damnit.

I'll write to the bastard but it doesn't sound like it will do much. sigh. Sue count me in on the sit in!
    Last edited by leschinsky; 12-14-2007 at 08:19 PM.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

And so begins another educational tutorial On A Day In The Life of SCI.
    Is there no end? The fact that he's a doctor really bothers me.

Senator Coburn,

I’m going to forward to you some posts from a website which address the issues surrounding spinal cord injuries. I think as you read these, you will understand why the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act is critical to improving the quality of life for individuals surviving spinal cord injuries.

I’ve explained the fiscal benefits of curing spinal cord injuries in my previous email to you. I’ve also listed some names of researchers currently working on very promising curative therapies. The research does not move as quickly as it should due to a lack of funding. Unfortunately, the toll a spinal cord injury takes on an individuals body moves along at a steady pace with little regard for political games.

Perhaps the most important thing I can share with you, is a glimpse into what it is like to live with a spinal cord injury. I will send you emails on a regular basis which will speak to the many issues surrounding spinal cord injuries.

Welcome to our world Senator Coburn.

CareCure - New SCI Forum - June 29, 2006
    Relatively New C1-C2 Injury
    I have been lurking on the forums for ..................
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

I'm raging mad!!! I spent last night writing to my 2 Senators about this horrible situation. One of my senators was mentioned in the article and having problems with Coburn. Senator Ben Nelson was on the radio here in Nebraska today. In addition, I will also utilize the phone number, write letters and everything else I can think of. MMMMAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!

Floridians

Senator Bill Nelson -Florida

Washington, D.C. Office
    United States Senate
    716 Senate Hart Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Phone: 202-224-5274
    Fax: 202-228-2183

Senator Mel Martinez - Florida

Washington:

United States Senate
    356 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Main: (202) 224-3041
    Fax: (202) 228-5171

Please call NOW and ask your Florida Senators to become sponsors of S. 1183, the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act. Ask to speak to the Senators' Health Aide. Be polite. Tell them that this bill is important to you, Ask them to do all in their power to move the bill.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

trying to understand this hold process, many use it

here's coburn's explaination,

http://coburn.senate.gov/public/inde...HoldItems.Home

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Anyone willing to do a letter to the Washington Post, it carries a punch around here. Betheny, how about you? You are a constituent. John Smith, the Post has published an editorial from you before, want to try again?

Hell, take it local folks, spread the word, let the entire US know that one moron is crushing HOPE, once more. Each and every one of us can take it to our local papers.

We have voices, lets use them.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

oklahoma online newspapers

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/usstate/usoklaho.htm

here's a link where u can let Okie's know what u think,

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._A1_hThes50405