Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfandc View Post
    I will post the official announcement when it is sent out, but House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer announced on the House floor that the House will take up the Senate amendment to HR 176 next week. The Senate amendment is the entire public lands package plus CDRPA. Since it is a Senate amendment, it can come up under a process which doesn't allow any further amendments and only requires a majority vote to pass. Once the House approves the Senate amendment the bill will be sent to the President for signature. I expect that it will be voted on by the house on Wednesday and signed by the Presiden the following Monday (they are enforcing the principle of waiting five days before signing non-emergency legislation).
    Wow! Thanks so much. We have to prepared to thank our friends and supporters in Congress and the White House as soon as this passes. A lot of people worked very hard for this. Wise.

Fabulous! Not to get too cocky, but what next? Work on funding it?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Leschinsky,
    I love how you think.

Wise,
    I agreed totally and maybe a national call in day of thanx will be in order.

Here's the official notice of the House schedule for next week:

Schedule for the week of March 23, 2009
    as announced by the House Majority Leader

“On Monday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.

We will consider several bills under suspension of the rules. The complete list of Suspension bills will be announced by the close of business tomorrow.

In addition, we will consider Senate amendments to H.R. 146 - Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 and H.R.1404 - Federal Land Assistance, Management and Enhancement Act.”
    The final schedule for next week will be sent out by COB tomorrow. If you have any questions please contact: Alexis Covey-Brandt or Austin Burnes at 5-3130.

I will post the official announcement when it is sent out, but House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer announced on the House floor that the House will take up the Senate amendment to HR 176 next week. The Senate amendment is the entire public lands package plus CDRPA. Since it is a Senate amendment, it can come up under a process which doesn't allow any further amendments and only requires a majority vote to pass. Once the House approves the Senate amendment the bill will be sent to the President for signature. I expect that it will be voted on by the house on Wednesday and signed by the Presiden the following Monday (they are enforcing the principle of waiting five days before signing non-emergency legislation).
    Thanks Cubs,

So once the House approves the Senate amendment next week, it'll go to the President? No other steps?

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity View Post
    Thanks Cubs,

So once the House approves the Senate amendment next week, it'll go to the President? No other steps?
    Yes, the plan is to take up the Senate amendment without any changes and once the House approves it the bill goes to the President because the House and Senate will have passed it in identical form. He will follow the policy of waiting five days before signing non-emergency legislation, which would mean signing it a week from Monday under the current plan of voting on it Wednesday.

Patricia Morton (Patricia) and I are talking about picking a time in May to spend a day in Washington DC thanking members of Congress for their support of the CDRPA. If there are any other plans along these lines, it would be great to coordinate. Wise.

Blog Entries
    I have no plans yet but would love to join your party. I could take the train down, that morning or maybe the day before. Please keep me posted on your plans. If anyone else along The Northeast Corridor line wants to travel together, please let me know.

Yes, the plan is to take up the Senate amendment without any changes and once the House approves it the bill goes to the President because the House and Senate will have passed it in identical form. He will follow the policy of waiting five days before signing non-emergency legislation, which would mean signing it a week from Monday under the current plan of voting on it Wednesday.
    HR 146, the omnibus legislation that includes CDRPA, will be voted on by the House of Representatives Wednesday early afternoon. It will be the second bill considered (after legisliaton creating a special inspector general for TARP). It is impossible to know for certain, but my best guess is that debate would begin around 12:30-1:00 pm, with a final vote around 2 pm. but things could move more quickly or could slip. There will be no amendments allowed, the house will simply voting on whether to accept the Senate amendments so once the house approves it the bill will go directly to the President for signature. My understanding is that he plans on signing it Monday before leaving on a foreign trip.

HR 146, the omnibus legislation that includes CDRPA, will be voted on by the House of Representatives Wednesday early afternoon. . . . the house will simply voting on whether to accept the Senate amendments so once the house approves it the bill will go directly to the President for signature. My understanding is that he plans on signing it Monday . . .
    Just like that, after all this time. Wow.