Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoes that you wear?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shoes that you wear?

Ok, so I usually wear sneakers, and also have these skate shoes, dress shoes, and a couple others, all of which I can pretty much get on myself.

But sometimes I don't feel like putting them on if I take a nap or get out of my chair for a little while, or if my feet are sore, and if I know I'm not going back out. I hate rollin around with no shoes on because my feet usually slip off the plate.

So what are some good brands for shoes that slip on easily, and have no laces, stuff like that. I don't want them to go on too easy because I usually get some clonus, or other spams, and anything with no back kind of flies off.

Thanks for the help ya'll.
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

Sometimes I wear those socks with the grippy stuff on the bottom when I don't feel like wearing shoes. That rubber stuff will keep my feet on the plate unless the spasms go too crazy.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Crocs. They have a strap that comes around the back. They are easy and perhaps the ugliest shoes ever. go to www.crocs.com. They come in lots of colors and protect the toes prettyn good.

What about an easy to wear sandal of some sort for guys? Not flops with the thong strap between your first and big toes, but a really easy to get on and off sandal made of soft leather with a cushy suede insole?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    What about an easy to wear sandal of some sort for guys? Not flops with the thong strap between your first and big toes, but a really easy to get on and off sandal made of soft leather with a cushy suede insole?
    yuppers: www.keenfootwear.com - I have a pair of Newports that are 3yrs old - love 'em.

i have crocs in 4 colors. they were the only things that i could find that didn't cause sores on my toes with my AFOs. I also like them when sitting on my chair since they grip kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by divin'darren
    So what are some good brands for shoes that slip on easily, and have no laces, stuff like that.
    Converse All Star Slip Ons. My current favorite, gowithdamnneareverything shoes. Easy to get on, easy to get off, lots of wiggle room for your toes (or room for a bit of swelling if you don't wiggle your toes) and they are hip without being trendy.

C.

I'm an avid shoe and sock collector. When I do wear shoes it's Totes slip-on tennies, crocks, or one of my 989034 pairs of sandals.

That said, most of the time now I just wear socks. Lots and lots of socks. and layer them. I spent/spend a lot of money at http://sockdreams.com because of my peculiar neurological issues. Chances are, if I can feel my feet and lower legs, what I'm feeling translates to "ice packed in around my feet" and they're constantly cold. The only thing that begins to alieviate this is raising the temp of that part of my body to well above the rest of me. You often see me in my house with socks up to my thighs, legwarmers (or a second pair of socks AND legwarmers) and a little pair of knit mary-janes that have rubbery stuff on the bottom for traction on foot plates and floors. There are tons of "slipper socks" or little knit sock like things that go over socks that are like little shoes with rubber thingies on the bottom that would prevent your feet from sliding around.

If you want barefoot, though, you can always get a little thin piece of foam or sheepskin and velcro it to your foot plate when you're at home. That would help some with any potential issues with pressure sores while barefoot too.

Who needs pants?

It's Crocs for me. I order online from Shoebuy. Shipping is free and so are returns just in case you need to. Since I wear T.E.D. hose all of the time to prevent swelling in my feet and ankles, I wear the flesh colored hose and no one pays any attention through the holes in the Crocs. Your feet still breathe and no one really sees that you are wearing hose.

I'm big on slip on hikers like these Merrell's. The tread sticks to the plate well and they are super easy to get on/off. Plus black matches everything if you care...
    http://usaimages.wolverineworldwide....lt=80&cvt=jpeg

these are actually way better/comfortable and come in many styles
    Last edited by alpentalic; 04-30-2007 at 02:40 AM.