Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kIDNEY pAIN

kIDNEY pAIN

i HAVE BEEN HAVING APIN IN THE LEFT KIDNEY FOR ABOUT ONE WEEK NOW I WENT TO MY DR. AND SHE TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS NOTING WRONG WITH ME. THAT I JUST NEED TO GOHOME A REST. I WENT HOME AND DID WHAT SHE TOLD ME TO DO. I STILL DONT FEEL ANY BETTER WHAT SHOULD I DO?

are you pretty certain that this IS indeed kidney pain and not a muscular type problem?what does the pain feel like and just where is it exactly in your back?does it radiaite?is it sharp or a constant ache that either comes and goes or just stays?sorry for the questions but it helps to know.i do have a kidney disease with liver affectaion so i am a bit familiar with kidney crap,believe me.any light you could possibly shed about the pain and when you feel it would help me to help you the best way possible,thats all.did this doc actually run any tests on you like basic blood work before she "deemed" you okay and told you to go home?do you have a history of any kidney problems or even kidney stones or UTIs?any info would help,marcia

Not much we can do without more info, becca. What level SCI, etc.. Lots of people can relate.

Oh, and a big welcome to CareCure.

Are you SCI becca? What level? How long? What's your routine for voiding?

Quote Originally Posted by firesmurf
    are you pretty certain that this IS indeed kidney pain and not a muscular type problem?what does the pain feel like and just where is it exactly in your back?does it radiaite?is it sharp or a constant ache that either comes and goes or just stays?sorry for the questions but it helps to know.i do have a kidney disease with liver affectaion so i am a bit familiar with kidney crap,believe me.any light you could possibly shed about the pain and when you feel it would help me to help you the best way possible,thats all.did this doc actually run any tests on you like basic blood work before she "deemed" you okay and told you to go home?do you have a history of any kidney problems or even kidney stones or UTIs?any info would help,marcia

i did go to the dr. today and i have a kidney stone that is the size as a quarter. i have to have it removed. does tht hurt? i never in my life (knock on wood) had to have surgy except now.

i did go to the dr. and i have a kidney stone the size of a quarter.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    Not much we can do without more info, becca. What level SCI, etc.. Lots of people can relate.

Oh, and a big welcome to CareCure.
    i did go to the dr. today and i have a kidney stone giving me my pain. i have to have it removed. do you know if that hurts or not? i have never has any kind of surgy my hole life.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose

im not SCI1

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose

no im not SCI.

My kidney stone expelled itself,and it was like giving birth all over again.i have always said,if a man wants to have any idea what it is like to actually give birth(just a small taste of the overall fun) just pass a kidney stone.wow.They use whats called lithotripsy?not too certain of the spelling there.you can look it up and get info on it.i don't know if they even do this under a local or actual general anesthesia.i do know it is a pretty quick procedure tho.not too invasive,they use sound waves just to break up the stone so it can pass.when a stone is too big to pass thru the ureter,this is what they have to do to it just to get rid of it,and the pain that comes along for the ride.from what i have heard,its a pretty easy and quck procedure that can be done totally on an outpatient basis,no hospital stay.you should be fine when this is done and your pain will finally stop.i think its a good trade off.just do a little research on it so you can prepare yourself and be able to speak with your doc about it.being informed before any actual procedure just makes the communication with the surgeon that much better and easier for you to understand.when are you going to have this done?i do hope you feel better soon.i know the hell of kidney stones.one was more than enough for me.yeowch!good luck Becca and please let us know how you are doing.Marcia