Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a SCI caregiver when ...

Quote Originally Posted by rybread
    I'm not my caregiver, but, you know you're a sci caregiver when you get excited because I have a boner from being moved around on the bed! (And I mean she gets really excited)
    Hah, or a boner from eating something. lol And yea that would probably make everyone excited. lol
    Ashley

-Boyfriend is T7-T8 complete.

You know you're an SCI caregiver when you make dinner for your father and cut up his meat before serving it to him. (he's not sci, my husband is)

You're in a resturant, crawl under the table, empty a legbag, get rid of it in the bathroom and make it back before your food gets cold.

You're on a 15 hour car ride and your husband shits his pants. You get off the highway, buy some rubber gloves and a new pair of pants, clean him up in the parking lot, gas up, buy a sandwich and hit the highway again like nothing happened.

When you don't want to go to an event and you blame it on your husband not feeling well. No one ever questions why the quadriplegic isn't well!

When you get invited to something and you instantly calculate if it will interfere with the bowel program.

You celebrate because your husbands pee isn't smelly or cloudy!

When you call everyone you know that your 8 year old daughter, after nearly 5 years, tells you she wants on the toilet because she can feel her bowels move and they move without any assistance. You make it out like its a newborn babies first b.m.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569
    When you call everyone you know that your 8 year old daughter, after nearly 5 years, tells you she wants on the toilet because she can feel her bowels move and they move without any assistance. You make it out like its a newborn babies first b.m.
    =] YAY!
    Ashley

-Boyfriend is T7-T8 complete.

I LOVE the one about using quadness as an excuse to bail on anything. It always works. Mostly because its always true, but sure is handy when its not and I just wanna sit on my duff for a night!

And yay robynbird!!!!! <-- another reason we know we're caregivers, we celebrate things like this!!!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Robynbird YOU GO! The same is true for my 37 year old husband. It only happened once in 7 years though, but boy did we celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoNJenn
    You know you're an SCI caregiver when you make dinner for your father and cut up his meat before serving it to him. (he's not sci, my husband is)

You're in a resturant, crawl under the table, empty a legbag, get rid of it in the bathroom and make it back before your food gets cold.

You're on a 15 hour car ride and your husband shits his pants. You get off the highway, buy some rubber gloves and a new pair of pants, clean him up in the parking lot, gas up, buy a sandwich and hit the highway again like nothing happened.

When you don't want to go to an event and you blame it on your husband not feeling well. No one ever questions why the quadriplegic isn't well!

When you get invited to something and you instantly calculate if it will interfere with the bowel program.
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    .... inspired by the thread in the Life forum ....
    • when every third person you meet in public says to you, with a gentle pat on your arm and an ever so small tear glinting in their eye "you are so special to be with him"
    • when people ask if your sci'ed husband who is exactly the same age as you "Are you his mother"?
    • when people ask if you are your husband's nurse ... for who else would be out in public with a paralyzed guy?
    • when people speak to you instead of your perfectly articulate sci'ed mate
    • when you routinely dicuss the finer points of bowel movement management at dinner. in public. without noticing.
    • when you really miss not having hubby with you because you don't have anywhere to hang your purse or shopping bags
    I'm sure there are a 1000 more. So, who is next? Go check out the life one, its hilarious!
    When you check for Handi-Crack without being asked!

when you pass gas and they ask BM?

I hate SCI =(