Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a SCI caregiver when ...

- When your loading the van from your shopping trip, picking up the ramp that does not work and you turn around and there a guy there going I need one of those then I don't need to unload my cart. (Why would the offer to help you lift up the ramp as you try to keep the dog in the van, you just step back and bump in to them)

-When you go out to store and are parking and actually notice the this is a wheelchair van leave 8 feet of space.

These are soooo good.

And wheeliegirl, you are my newest bestest friend! SMOOCH!

Ami (by the way, you ain't so bad you-self!)
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Hilarious , Ami!

I can particularly relate to a couple. Debbie calls herself my pack mule and says I would be lost without her to haul my "schtuff" - and she's right!

And if one more person implies I"m a freaking saint, I might just apply for the position if it pays well.

And if one more person asks Debbie if she's my mother, she's gonna slap the snot out of them!

Lesseeeee.... what can I add?

How's about...

You know you're a SCI cg when you have to watch how you joke around with your mate in public lest someone look at you like the most abusive wench on the planet (OK so we have a warped sense of humor but it's just us!).

When your 6'2" tall tough guy bil thinks you're Amazon woman cause he just spent twenty minutes trying to wrestle the manual wheelchair in the trunk and you walk up and throw it in in two seconds.

Kendell and Ami....freakin' saints!

Mary the Nurse says Chad and Debbie are the saints...

Hey Ami I sat with Dan and we missed you over the weekend...sorry you could not come in. I told him sometime I will drag myself south for a party.
    A gluten free party.

Here's to all the Caregivers of SCI....Bless you all.

M
    1FineSpineRN

......whan all the docs and nurse's refer to you as 'mom', because they've forgotten your name!

Mary the Nurse says Chad and Debbie are the saints
    LOL, Mary! I don't know about Chad, but if Debbie's a saint, I need to start thinking divorce! Too much pressure!

** holding my stomach laughing ***

because it is AMAZING how people do stare if we joke around and laugh in public, especially if its about his chair or something disability related. They have a look of total shock as if I'd farted loudly and proudly. Geesh.

And trish, about feeding an AB person, OMG that is soooooooooo me!!! I have done the same exact thing 100 times. And I don't even realize I'm doing it until I discover the look of puzzlement on the person's face!!

... and sainthood PAYS??? crap! I have so been missing out. Ok, I am special for being with him, sooo special, just a peach. And please, please, do pass the crown (& ginger) to me.

Mary, do you have ANY idea how much I'd flip out if you came down for a visit? And you'd stay with us, no matter how much Daniel begs!!!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

--when you're everyother night routine is sit and watch tv or get on the pc with him while he does his bowel program and it doesn't even bother you. =]
    Ashley

-Boyfriend is T7-T8 complete.

Cool second nature

How about not being able to pass any restaurant, or public building without checking to see if there is a ramp/curb cut? Don't even have to think twice about it anymore. We've been all dressed up for a wedding, and also a Christening party, and couldn't get in due to all the steps, I'm sure you all know what I mean!!!
    Hope

I'm not my caregiver, but, you know you're a sci caregiver when you get excited because I have a boner from being moved around on the bed! (And I mean she gets really excited)
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.