Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You're "A Person With A Disability" When

Quote Originally Posted by Aly
    ... you ask your new employer if you really have to take the disabilities etiqutte training
    LOL. I get a kick out of taking the monthly required on-line courses such as: ladder climbing safety, setting up barricades in traffic, and lifting heavy objects. It's one thing being in a wheelchair taking these, it's another that I have an office job and I'm taking them. I guess it fills up the 'training quota' for upper managment to say they are spearheading staff training .

...when you struggle to get your underwear up to your hips, realize they're on backwards, and think, "eh, close enough".

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    ...when you struggle to get your underwear up to your hips, realize they're on backwards, and think, "eh, close enough".
    LOL If only the same could go for pants. Guess women have it easier on this one. (Ducks head and covers ears.).
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    LOL..

Or when you struggle to get you PANTS up to your hips,realize theyre on backwards but you have to make a 20min drive within the next hour and a half so ''eh,close enough''

This is too good not to post. It happened to me today, in the Sprint store...

You know you're PWD when....

While in the process of hitting on you, a nice young man utters the phrase "Honestly, if I were in you're situation, I think I would kill myself."

And no, he did not get my number!
    Disclaimer: I use voice dictation software, due to chronic tendinitis. Any gibberish-type errors in this post are due to the software's stupidity, not my own. Protect your arms and hands from overuse, people!

Blog Entries
    Careful now, you may be tossing a good one back. Remember, He might have thought it was complimenting you on your strength, may have been being honest(I once felt that way pre-injury), and above all, probably at a loss for for words and speaking faster than he could think. Be patient GrassHoffa, you might be more intimidating than your size suggests

Hee hee hee....

You are absolutely right. He did mean it as a sort of compliment. I used it as a teachable moment, and let him down... nicely.

He was waaaaaayyy too young for me anyway. Had he been 10 years older, I may have overlooked it.

GrassHoffa?!?!
    Disclaimer: I use voice dictation software, due to chronic tendinitis. Any gibberish-type errors in this post are due to the software's stupidity, not my own. Protect your arms and hands from overuse, people!

... you know your relationship is over when your wife moves out and into an apartment on the third floor with no elevator .
    "Some of the worlds greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible. unattributed" (Anonymous)

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    LOL If only the same could go for pants. Guess women have it easier on this one. (Ducks head and covers ears.).
    depends on the pants, but , been there done that! LOL
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

...when you change your clothes at the end of the day, and find crumbs of every single thing you ate that day tucked away in the folds of your t-shirt.