Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leg bag emptier

leg bag emptier

Hi

Has anyone tried using this leg bag emptier. http://www.jb-3.com

Julian

If you can pull on the release valve (requires at least 2 lb. pull ability) it is probably OK. It would not work for someone who has no hand or arm function at all (ie, C4 or above) without help though.

(KLD)

I just ordered one, I am due to receive it Thursday Sept 2 I'll let you know

Hmmmmm...... Interesting.....

It does work but seems cheaply made for $159 I don't know how long it will last?

Can you keep us posted on performance please Domenic?

Thanks.

Hi Julian,

I bought one for my brother. He has been using it for about 2 months and loves it. I installed it and it was very simple, although the directions are a little confusing. I called and the person at the company was very helpful. Overall, I think it is a great deal considering the other one I was looking at was over $300 and needed batteries and you had to modify the wheelchair, which my brother didn't want to do as it could have affected his warranty.

Good Luck.

Glenn

VR bought me an expensive one 12 years ago. It lasted less than a year can't remember the brand. We ordered it from an add at the time in NewMobility. I liked draining my bag any time I was up in my chair but could not afford another expensive value. This is what I did with the help of my brother.
    I went to Auto Zone and bought a $20.00 fuel tank switch - value it was 12 volt. We capped off one inlet line, wired it to one battery with a 3 amp fuse and a seperate ground back to the value. Doing this competely seperated this value system from my chair electronics. Next we attached it to my chair out of the way so it would drain easily. We installed a tolgel switch I could reach and hit with my limited arm movement. I have used this setup ever sense and i have moved it to my two chairs I have used sense 1992. Total cost $30.00 may be more now because everything goes up. I have never burned a fuse out or had to replace it. The valve I replaced once because Delta airlines broke it on one of my trips. This value allows me to average 3 to 4 32 ounce mugs of water per day, plus my coffee and a beer or two if it's free and cold on weekends, and drain my leg bag anytime at work. I work 8-5 M-F.
    I like the home made system from an auto parts store and the cost is resonable.
    Just what works for me.
    Good luck.
    Gordon

hey gordon whats your email address? i'd like to interview you about your emptier for new mobility magazine. my email is theophania79@yahoo.com

Well, I took a leap of faith and it paid off.

I purchased the JB-3 and have been using it for 2 weeks now. It works really well!

Part of the genius of the design is it's simplicity! There are not many moving parts and NONE come in contact with urine.

Another plus is it's ease of installation. No battery hookup or alteration of chair required. You just run it in a way so it is not obvious and.... Viola! Independent empting of LB!

This c 5-6 quad gives it two thumbs up.