Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitro ladies: Where do you store your cath supplies?

Mitro ladies: Where do you store your cath supplies?

Do you keep them in a seperate purse, in a bag/netting under your chair, or...?

Up until now I've kept my cath stuff in a seperate black purse on the back of my chair. But now, being the fashion slave I am, I'm starting to realize its clashing with my new spring/summer purses.

So the question is: Where do you ladies keep your cath stuff?
    May the fetus you save be gay

I have a really nice designer like large purse, bag on the ack of my chair. I keep my cath stuff in a seperate smaller purse and put it in the large one. I love over sized large hand bags. I put everything in there and it's handing on the back of my power chair

I have a black back pack on my chair which inside I have a black cosmetic bag with different pockets. On one side I store my caths and wipes and on the other side is my lube and bottle. It's quick and easy for me to grab and store. I got it at Walmart for 5 or 6 bucks.

I know you don't want black, but I know cosmetic bags come in all sorts of colors. You should be able to find one for your spring colors with a decent size handle/strap to hang on your chair.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

i use a backpack and put it on the back of my chair. They got them in all kinds of colors. I dont know what i would do without it,cause i use it for my caths,make-up,extra pair of pants,ect.. works great!
    God is good

Quote Originally Posted by cara_m
    I have a really nice designer like large purse, bag on the ack of my chair. I keep my cath stuff in a seperate smaller purse and put it in the large one. I love over sized large hand bags. I put everything in there and it's handing on the back of my power chair
    this is a great idea. i just got a big coach purse that i could do this with.

as for the other ladies' backpack suggestion, i just hate how packpacks look. *shrug* guess im picky.

I am definatly a back back chick. I have a small NorthFace back pack that I keep all my stuff in, cath things in a smaller bag in back pack. When I am on vacation or have mt niece with me I use a normal size back pack to keep everything in. I like the smaller bag because it limits how much stuff I can cram into it. I tend to fill my bag to capacity, which makes it heavier or lighter depending on the size bag I use.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Cool

in the van
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    in the van
    haha...its funny you mention this, as ive been doing this the past month out of the whole cath purse dilemma. i'm like, "screw it. ill just keep the damn thing in my van."

but then my mind starts to freak out and i start worrying about the what-if's. "what if my van door wont open and i cant get to my catheters?" " what if my chair breaks down and im stuck in the mall far far away from my catheters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania
    haha...its funny you mention this, as ive been doing this the past month out of the whole cath purse dilemma. i'm like, "screw it. ill just keep the damn thing in my van."

but then my mind starts to freak out and i start worrying about the what-if's. "what if my van door wont open and i cant get to my catheters?" " what if my chair breaks down and im stuck in the mall far far away from my catheters?"
    OMG I am not crazy after all?! I freak if I do not have at lest one catheter with me at all times. I have tossed the last one in my bag before, planning to go straight home and as I "walk" out of the bathroom door run into a friend and decide to go to lunch. Just to freak out when I get home realizing what could have happened if I had needed to pee.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

I just take out the bag from the kit, roll/fold it up and stick it in whatever bag/purse I have with me that day. If small purse/handbag, just bare essentials personal items, plus just the cath bag. Cath bag can fold up rather tiny and flat. If you need and have more room, fold a few of the paper pads that are included in cath kits and/or other stuff (e.g. trial/travel sized hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.).

If you want a separate bag for just the cath stuff (if you tend to carry lots of supplies), find a cute but simple and neutral colored purse that will match most of your outfits, and either carry it or hang off chair. If want that bag to be less conspicuous, maybe get a very simple, basic black purse and hang it onto one push handle or on one armrest which can rest along the outer side, or in (if along armrest, a more flat, compact style might lay more flush along side). This way, you can wear the lighter and more minimal outfits in summer, with less bulk and clutter on shoulder or on lap, as well off your chair.

I don't always remember to grab a cath bag. But I have put extra bags in multiple bags, just in case I grab a certain bag without remembering to put a catheter in it. It helps esp. when in rush. I just have to remember to remember this more often.