Thread: Last Minute DC Updates

Last Minute DC Updates

For those going to DC, here are some last minute updates and tips.
    John Smith put me in charge of getting a nice sunny day. I was able to come up with this:

Friday: High: 70°
    Saturday:Low: 46° High: 75°
    Sunday: Low: 50° High: 79°
    Monday: Low: 54° High: 78°
    Tuesday: Low: 60° High: 76°
    Low: 56°

The blossoms are out so if you have allergies, bring meds. If you don't have allergies, bring oTC meds. They will scalp you to but them here.

Tuesday is partly cloudy so hopefuly we won't have the same type of sunburns as last year. Bring sunscreen as a back up

Wear layers to stay warm and then cool down, DC is chilly in the early morning and late at night. If you have a folding raincoat/windbreaker, bring it. You will never know.

Looking forward to seeing folks, any questions re: DC, shoot away and I will attempt to answer them.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Cheesecake;

Good job on the weather!

Now, your next task is to convince President Bush to sign the SCREA into law and increase funding at the NIH.

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

One could even say AMAZING job on the weather! Leschinsky will be thrilled.

And to think I was worried about the weather!

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    One could even say AMAZING job on the weather! Leschinsky will be thrilled.

And to think I was worried about the weather!
    I told you the locals over react to anything but sun and 75.

Sunburn? I took my shoes off while reading on the deck during our last cruise. Had sunscreen on face, arms and shoulders but didn't think of feet. Two hours of Grand Cayman sun later I looked down and my feet gave a new meaning to the word red. We got back April 2 and they are just now starting to peel. I think 2nd degree burn might be about right. I had to wear my soft shoes to a formal night.

So yes, if you burn in any but tropical areas bring sunscreen and, like Cheese said, allergy meds. And if you smoke, the greater metro area is pretty much a no smoking zone except outside. And if anyone forgets stuff you can PM me until about noon Saturday and I'll see what I have on hand.

Sue
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by john smith
    Cheesecake;

Good job on the weather!

Now, your next task is to convince President Bush to sign the SCREA into law and increase funding at the NIH.

John
    I will give it my best shot.
    Every day I wake up is a good one