Page 95 of 185 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. This weekend my mom is cooking one of her favorite dishes of lasagna and we're going to watch old tapes of when i was a baby and my grandma and late grandpa are in some of them. We were laughing at old pics the other day of bad 70's and 80's clothing These occasions are helping me get through it.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

.......... and I was going to have a moan about my SO pi$$ing off to Bolivia for ten days leaving me love lost and lonely.

Having read a few of the above posts I think I'll just shut up and count my blessings!

This thread serves a double purpose not only is it a place to vent but it puts the perceived problems of wimps like me into perspective, for which, many thanks.

LOL Timaru, I heart you. Why didn't you pi$$ off to Bolivia as well? I know a lot of SCI's don't like to travel, Rusty Reeves once told me it's a circus when he does and he wants nothing more to do with it.

Which puts my life into perspective. I'm grateful I still get to travel-although my range has narrowed a LOT. I have yet to escape N. America.

But Bente proved it was do-able. It's a bullet yet to be bitten.

Thnx Bente. I heart you also.

Ashley, I wish I had words of wisdom. Yesterday I wailed "Jill, I can't do it again!" (Lose a brother.) She said "You can, and if you have to, you will."

Sigh. So sorry. Can't go around it, over it or under it...you just gotta get thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Nobody can fuck you up like your family...
    This is so very true!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    This thread serves a double purpose not only is it a place to vent but it puts the perceived problems of wimps like me into perspective
    I have never perceived anything the least bit "wimpish" about you.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    My grandma had colon cancer in 2005 and it's come back. She's 83 and doesn't want any more surgeries. Her health isn't the greatest to begin with so surgery would be too much for her body to take. She just wants to be comfortable at home for as long as possible until she passes away.
    I'm very sorry to hear of your impending loss. A dear friend of my family who is 80 just had surgery for colon cancer last year. He's much weaker now than he was prior to his illness, but we've been blessed to have him with us this long and are grateful for each additional day. We were lucky that he was in such good health before this, as even so it was a very difficult decision to have the surgery. I can understand your grandmother choosing to let nature take its course and to try to spend time with her family in her own home at the end of her life. As you mention, your grandmother is a brave woman.

May her passing be as peaceful as possible and your own pain fade quickly.

C.

Betheny,
    There is nothing quite as soul-stealing as alcoholism. I'm sorry your brother even called you, as it clearly wasn't helpful. The alcoholic brain is all about "me, me, me" and very little of "so, how are you?"

I'm sorry your brother seems to be taking the same path as your other brother did, and even more sorry that he's reappeared in your life just in time to give you a ticket for that sickening ride. Alcoholism is cruel to all those around it, and I'm so sorry it's back in your family, and that they've brought it back to prey upon you again. Once was more than anyone should have to endure -- losing two brothers to it is cruel beyond belief.

You and you brother will be in my thoughts.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    ...... Can't go around it, over it or under it...you just gotta get thru it.
    .... and you'll never be completely alone .... Jill is one smart cookie .....

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} for every single one of you .....

Obie
    Last edited by Obieone; 08-23-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Grammar!
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I'm sorry Bethany.Addiction stills from everyone not just that person.I'm watching two friends,very young & with addiction in their family turn into alcoholics.It's very sad but there is no way to help until they see it & want help which makes it all the more difficult to watch.I've never watched the end result of alcoholism but I imagine it to be way more than awful.Atleast you have Jill to ride out yet another thing with you.

Ashley,that's great to dig out the good old memories to get through the ugly truth now.Surround her with those,she needs them just as much.Yes,your grandma is brave & dignified.